Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #171
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Don’t know why you are sorry. I love yancy. Great player. Eason is not a finished product. Has a long way to go. Still very skilled.
Good player. Never lived up to potential imo. Tho likely tough to meet expectations coming in
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #172
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Good player. Never lived up to potential imo. Tho likely tough to meet expectations coming in
Agree. I think he could have played in the nba if he put the work in. Good body, good touch, but never took that next step. Really good college player though
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #173
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think he’s more skilled than both compared to when they were freshmen. He has a long way to go but he has the skills.
Eason a Clark are two different animals when comparing the two. They have similar athleticism but much different skills. Gary was a little more fundamentally disciplined. Eason has a lot more skills. Gary didn't have much in the way of dribbling or outside shooting as a frosh but good interior game. Much like Tre Scott Gary didn't really blossom until late in terms of shooting or perimeter play. Eason can do it all now but he's being asked to be selective right now to not make mistakes. Eason can play D and rebound and would probably be better at both under a different coach.

So overall I think Eason has a head start...because the skills are already there. He can jump out the gym like the others. Has the length. etc
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #174
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Eason a Clark are two different animals when comparing the two. They have similar athleticism but much different skills. Gary was a little more fundamentally disciplined. Eason has a lot more skills. Gary didn't have much in the way of dribbling or outside shooting as a frosh but good interior game. Much like Tre Scott Gary didn't really blossom until late in terms of shooting or perimeter play. Eason can do it all now but he's being asked to be selective right now to not make mistakes. Eason can play D and rebound and would probably be better at both under a different coach.

So overall I think Eason has a head start...because the skills are already there. He can jump out the gym like the others. Has the length. etc
Nah Cronin made him put on weight. I remember one poster thought Clark was nba 3 and D from beginning. Clark ran the break beautiful in high school. I’ll say Clark had him on handles and passing. Only thing Eason got is athleticism on Clark. Eason needs hit weights though, he struggles making layups and put backs.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:43 PM   #175
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I’m comparing year one yancy. Eason has big east size but no skills for real
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:31 PM   #176
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Nah Cronin made him put on weight. I remember one poster thought Clark was nba 3 and D from beginning. Clark ran the break beautiful in high school. I’ll say Clark had him on handles and passing. Only thing Eason got is athleticism on Clark. Eason needs hit weights though, he struggles making layups and put backs.
Oh okay one poster thought something? Eason has Clark on handles today let alone freshman year. Gary was great! Love the guy but I guess not everyone was watching but that one guy.

Clark was phenomenal but he was not a play maker early on and was even limited by ball skills as a sr.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote