Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2021, 10:18 AM   #321
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Such as? I'm not listening

Legend breaking the news to the world that Born Ready was going to be a bearcat game... After seeing him at a random summer league game "oxygen".... Chad claimed it was "stolen" info lol. I've been blocked since.
Chad is annoying. He picks fights for no reason. He thinks he’s more important than he is, but I’ll still listen to anyone talk about uc.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:46 AM   #322
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think chad knows a little more than us. I’m not saying he in the know for everything but we don’t know anything. He knows more than that.

I found it interesting that Harvey’s advance stats says he’s the worst player on offense and defense. You guys love advanced stats.

I also found it interesting that brannen wanted to keep some of the guys, everyone here thinks he told everyone to leave.

Berg is a fairly neutral party. And knows basketball. I like listening to him
What are these advanced stats?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:57 AM   #323
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Chad stated that Harvey had the worst "offensive and defensive leverage" rating on the team which he described as an advanced +/-.

Harvey's average +/- rating on the season was -3.64/game. I'm not sure how significant that stat is alone, but I guess this leverage statistic has a little more value.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:10 AM   #324
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea.

I just looked up Zach Harvey’s offensive stats on Synergy and his grade is listed as excellent.

Literally grades our better than 90% of other D1 players
. Defensively he is below Average.

But my guess is he our highest graded offensive player and we lost him,

I told you. It’s state run spin zone media over on BCJ
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:21 AM   #325
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yea.

I just looked up Zach Harvey’s offensive stats on Synergy and his grade is listed as excellent.

Yeah, I don’t know the stats. I never know how to look that stuff up. It could not be true but it’s always interesting hearing the other side of things.

Also, you calling people out for spinning an argument is something.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:23 AM   #326
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yea.

If the guy has 8 assist like someone stated earlier, that could be an issue. I’d love to have Harvey still, but there could be more to the story. Or maybe not
Old 02-19-2021, 11:25 AM   #327
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Chad stated that Harvey had the worst "offensive and defensive leverage" rating on the team which he described as an advanced +/-.

Harvey's average +/- rating on the season was -3.64/game. I'm not sure how significant that stat is alone, but I guess this leverage statistic has a little more value.

What do they use to come up with that stat.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #328
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
What do they use to come up with that stat.
You can always make those advanced stats say whatever you want. That’s why I don’t love them but I found it interesting that if it was true.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:41 AM   #329
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
You can always make those advanced stats say whatever you want. That’s why I don’t love them but I found it interesting that if it was true.
I mean i really like advanced stats, but I'd like to know what goes into them before judging them.

I could say Harvey had an insane eFG (73) and TS (72.5) in conference, which he did. But its because he hit 10-16 3's in conference play. A number like that isn't sustainable for anybody in the world, and he's probably a guy that shoots half that. Harvey could have been in for some of our awful awful runs, which we go on frequently, and that could screw up some sort of plus/minus stat in just 12 games. And those runs could have had nothing to do with him.

But I think you can see the athlete, you can see how fluid his movement is. He handles the ball well. He's great in transition. He can lock down with on ball defense.

I viewed him as a more athletic Keith but similar issues to Keith in that his shot needs to be fixed. Keith never got his shot figured out and thats why he's shooting 24% from the floor for any shot that isn't at the rim. Harvey puts so much arc on every shot theres no way he can be consistent.

But projecting him going forward, he had by far the most potential of any wing on the roster.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #330
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
It's probably something similar to the NBA's PER, which weighs rebounding and assists somewhat heavily. Harvey doesn't rebound or create assists really at all. His defensive rebounding rate is worst on the team, even below Saunders, and offensive rebounding rate is terrible too. His assist rate is also worst on the team. I agree the potential is there watching him drive the ball, but I can definitely see how advance metrics could paint an unfavorable picture.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote