Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2021, 01:58 PM   #51
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
John better do something to make Tari happier.

His mom ain’t happy with the way her son is utilized. And Tari himself didn’t look happy.

We lose Tari to transfer then you lose the fan base
ROFL! You think the entire fan base is hinging on a 4 star recruit?

Is that fan base your household?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #52
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
ROFL! You think the entire fan base is hinging on a 4 star recruit?

Is that fan base your household?
Check both this board and others.

Apathy is worse than outrage. If you lose Tari, whilst also making zero noise this season and zero noise in the 2021 class, you don’t think doubt and apathy really start to kick in for an even larger part of the fan base?

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe Bearcats fans are fine losing recruits, games and top tier talent.

I mean ROFL???? Was it really that funny?? You realize losing Tari doesn’t happen in vacuum. Its a culmination of losses with very little moral wins for the this program.

If you lose Tari, you kinda lose hope in the future of the team. On a per 40 min basis, Tari outrebounds,& out scores Gary Clark freshman year.

Lolol what is hilarious is that Tari is one of the guys the brannen defenders uses as an example of why brannen can recruit. Now if he loses him, it’s fine. Doesn’t matter.

Last edited by justinhub2003; 02-06-2021 at 02:04 PM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:17 PM   #53
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
No one is saying we don't care if Tari leaves. We're saying don't cater to him or his mom by making him the focus of the offense right now when he does more harm than good with the ball in his hands. The fact that Tari is outscoring Gary's freshman year is part of the problem. He creates a bunch of wasted possessions in the process. We want him to stick around and get better, but it's his choice.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:20 PM   #54
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Tari has an ORtg of 91.8, and a TO Rate of 24.3. Both of those are worst on the team among guys playing at least 15 minutes. His usage is second highest on the team after Keith. That's a higher usage than Cumberland's first two years, and higher than Clark or Evans ever had. It's about the same as Kilpatrick's freshman year, when he had an ORtg of 113 and a TO Rate of 15. But we should run more offense through him just to please his mom? No thanks.

Freshmen typically turn the ball over a lot. He'll improve as he gets experience. I'm not ready to stake the future of the program on one player, especially if it makes our team worse. If he leaves, so be it. We can't be a program that hands the keys to freshmen who aren't 5 stars.
This. Justin is just up to his old tactics. Trying to start something.

I ask Justin, what more can brannen do? Plays more than pretty much every freshmen in the last 10 years and usage is more than his actually production.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:22 PM   #55
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Check both this board and others.

Apathy is worse than outrage. If you lose Tari, whilst also making zero noise this season and zero noise in the 2021 class, you don’t think doubt and apathy really start to kick in for an even larger part of the fan base?

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe Bearcats fans are fine losing recruits, games and top tier talent.

I mean ROFL???? Was it really that funny?? You realize losing Tari doesn’t happen in vacuum. Its a culmination of losses with very little moral wins for the this program.

If you lose Tari, you kinda lose hope in the future of the team. On a per 40 min basis, Tari outrebounds,& out scores Gary Clark freshman year.

Lolol what is hilarious is that Tari is one of the guys the brannen defenders uses as an example of why brannen can recruit. Now if he loses him, it’s fine. Doesn’t matter.
The last sentence is his classics move. Make things up no one says. He’s consistent I guess
Old 02-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #56
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I'm with Justin, losing Tari means we should lose Brannen. Yes, Tari hasn't been that good. But he also has been forced to play out of position and that seems to be his mom's issue.

It's not a new issue, Cronin frequently spoke about the fact that bigs don't want to play the 5. Guys want to handle the ball and shoot threes, not bang on the interior. All indications are that Rap left the team for that reason.

It is a issue that Brannen has brought on himself by not recruiting at the 5. We needed to get a freshman 5 to develop in his year one, instead we have a void that Brannen has tried to fill by playing guys out of position. Given that Vogt is leaving and Diarra seems not to have developed (or been given a chance to develop), it's a void that will exist next year. If Eason doesn't want to play the 5, then transferring at the end of the season is the sensible move.

Given Brannen's track record at recruiting/developing bigs and especially transfer bigs, we are going to need a miracle next year to be competitive if Eason leaves (and even if he doesn't we will have issues with big men depth). Another Vogt/Sorolla/Rap/Lakhin isn't going to cut it. If Eason goes, that's my last straw with Brannen.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #57
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'm with Justin, losing Tari means we should lose Brannen. Yes, Tari hasn't been that good. But he also has been forced to play out of position and that seems to be his mom's issue.

It's not a new issue, Cronin frequently spoke about the fact that bigs don't want to play the 5. Guys want to handle the ball and shoot threes, not bang on the interior. All indications are that Rap left the team for that reason.

It is a issue that Brannen has brought on himself by not recruiting at the 5. We needed to get a freshman 5 to develop in his year one, instead we have a void that Brannen has tried to fill by playing guys out of position. Given that Vogt is leaving and Diarra seems not to have developed (or been given a chance to develop), it's a void that will exist next year. If Eason doesn't want to play the 5, then transferring at the end of the season is the sensible move.

Given Brannen's track record at recruiting/developing bigs and especially transfer bigs, we are going to need a miracle next year to be competitive if Eason leaves (and even if he doesn't we will have issues with big men depth). Another Vogt/Sorolla/Rap/Lakhin isn't going to cut it. If Eason goes, that's my last straw with Brannen.
Your last straw. I’m sure brannen is worried sick.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:58 PM   #58
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I also agree that Tari hasn't been that good this year. He makes nice plays at times, but he doesn't have the reliability of a freshman Gary Clark. Eason commits too many TO's and makes too many freshmen mistakes. He has a lot of potential, but he will be a while reaching it.

My bigger issue is that he is the only big man we have on the team who seems like he could be a high impact guy over the next few years. Lakhin looks like another Vogt/Rap/Sorolla. Diarra I still believe could be good, but he's only here one more year and Brannen doesn't seem to want to give him a chance. That's it. You can't win with only guards.

Eason is not good enough that he should be able to dictate terms to Brannen. But Brannen has put himself in a position where he needs to let Eason play the 4 if that's what Eason wants. Too much hinges on keeping Eason happy. If we had more depth at the 4/5 it's a different story.

But Brannen has recruited only one quality big man in two years. That is already bad, if that one quality big man leaves than that is worthy of giving Brannen the boot.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:10 PM   #59
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
We know there is a huge hole at the 5 this year. Everyone is aware. Maybe Tari will leave if he's expected to play the 5 long term. That's not something that's going to change this year though. Giving him the ball more isn't going to help that situation. Let's not act like adjusting our game plan to Tari's mom is a realistic strategy.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:13 PM   #60
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I also agree that Tari hasn't been that good this year. He makes nice plays at times, but he doesn't have the reliability of a freshman Gary Clark. Eason commits too many TO's and makes too many freshmen mistakes. He has a lot of potential, but he will be a while reaching it.

My bigger issue is that he is the only big man we have on the team who seems like he could be a high impact guy over the next few years. Lakhin looks like another Vogt/Rap/Sorolla. Diarra I still believe could be good, but he's only here one more year and Brannen doesn't seem to want to give him a chance. That's it. You can't win with only guards.

Eason is not good enough that he should be able to dictate terms to Brannen. But Brannen has put himself in a position where he needs to let Eason play the 4 if that's what Eason wants. Too much hinges on keeping Eason happy. If we had more depth at the 4/5 it's a different story.

But Brannen has recruited only one quality big man in two years. That is already bad, if that one quality big man leaves than that is worthy of giving Brannen the boot.
Actually agree with some of this. Eason right now isn’t good enough to alter you’re philosophy. If he was John wall level or even Sk, but he’s not. Can he be great? Sure, but at this point he isn’t even close. But brannen has put himself in this position. It’s really hard to find big men. We all know that, but that’s his job.

Also, he’s not getting fired. They aren’t firing a guy after winning the league in his first year against all mighty Houston. Especially in 2 of the wierdest seasons ever and he hasn’t even been able to play a tournament game yet. You guys can be “done” or want him out all you want but it’s not happening anytime soon. Waste of time talking about it