Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #201
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Mike Young brought a stud with him in Keve Aluma, then another good player in Cattoor, and the program already had Tyrece Radford (but he recently got suspended indefinitely so he might not be back).

It would have been fantastic if Brannen had that kind of talent at NKU and then they followed him over. But he did not, Wafford was top 25 good Mike Young's last season there.

We basically flipped places with Va Tech from last year to this year.
He had jalen Tate. Couldn’t get him
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #202
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Seems to think tari and Davenport are gone. Davenport was supposedly really good friends with Harvey. I always enjoy b fox. He always seems to have a good point of view. He did not have many good things to say about brannen.

He kinda hinted that brannen was kind of a jerk. Which I’ve never heard, but if we have a Gregg Marshall situation, let’s find someone else. Obviously, it’s just hard because we don’t know. He didn’t say he was a jerk, but I felt like he wanted to

So it seems my hunch about Brannen maybe validated. Interesting
Old 02-22-2021, 07:28 PM   #203
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I don’t understand the Davenport rumor though. He seems least likely to leave
Old 02-22-2021, 07:35 PM   #204
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If there were locker room problems I would think this would have surfaced at NKU with a mass exodus. And why would the coaches follow him if they were scared of him?

This one isn’t making a lot of sense

Everyone was scared of Huggins and Cronin. I’m not sure what the issue is here. Cronin would curse your mother in front of a million viewers.

Cronin earned the players respect because they knew he cared about them. He’s 5’5 and could berate a 6’8 muscle ripped dude and yet they always respected him and played hard for him.

Relationships are built off the court.

Brannen is cold dense and lacks empathy. His personality is like the dry eyes commercial guy.

I could read that from him a mile away
Old 02-22-2021, 07:39 PM   #205
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
So it seems my hunch about Brannen maybe validated. Interesting
We shall see. It’s one thing for players to leave if not happy about playing time. Whole different ballgame if there are personally clashes with half the squad.

It would be strange for players to go out of their way to back a coach in pressers. They would not have to do that unless they were being told to. So something still isn’t adding up.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:42 PM   #206
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Cronin earned the players respect because they knew he cared about them. He’s 5’5 and could berate a 6’8 muscle ripped dude and yet they always respected him and played hard for him.

Relationships are built off the court.

Brannen is cold dense and lacks empathy. His personality is like the dry eyes commercial guy.

I could read that from him a mile away
The rumor was that everyone was scared of him. Not that he didn’t care about them. As I said something is not adding up. If the rumors were that he didn’t seem to care about players...then it would add up.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:45 PM   #207
waterhead
Senior Moderator

He was delivering meals to players during lock down. Could be a nice PR stunt or maybe he was trying to help his players. IDK. Hard to say. Something is amiss.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM   #208
waterhead
Senior Moderator

I mean DD said he would run through a brick wall for the guy. Davenport said Coach B about 5 times in one presser. I don’t know what’s going on but it’s weird.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #209
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Coach could have thrown Harvey under a bus but he did the opposite. He could have even went with “no comment”. He said Zach has been through a lot and wishes him well and looks forward to his success wherever he goes. Could be another PR stunt or he could genuinely care. Who knows.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #210
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
He was delivering meals to players during lock down. Could be a nice PR stunt or maybe he was trying to help his players. IDK. Hard to say. Something is amiss.
I jokingly think he is Greg Marshall reincarnate, even his wife seems on the crazy side. She was quick to talk shit after wins and was quiet after losses.

I think his ego is off the charts huge.

But that’s just my read on him. I don’t know him. But I know for a fact Dou thinks he’s an ******* (he could have made these comments for all we know).

But I’m still not buying the JD transfer thing. I do wonder if he is having a little buyers remorse and wishes he took VTech up on their offer.