Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: Will Tuberville be the coach next year?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2016, 09:58 AM   #341
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Everything I'm hoping for is based on competing with other AAC/G5 programs. We have it better than pretty much all on that level. Nothing working against us isn't also working against them.
My hope was for inclusion in t he P5 conference. Heck that is what they sold to the donors. Like you I want to win where ever we are but I want to be in the best conference.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:34 AM   #342
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
We would all love UC to be in a P5 conference, and that may still happen SOMEDAY. But until that happens (if ever) UC just needs to work toward being the best they can be under the current conditions.

If being the best they can be is the goal......is keeping TT the best way to reach that goal?

Sure, keeping him now means saving 1/2 a million dollars over getting rid of him after next year, or the year after....but at what cost? Does anyone really believe that the team will win 9-10 games next year and the year after that, under TT? Because if they can't do that, then won't we be looking at getting rid of him at the end of next year? The buyout will drop from 1.5 to 1 million from this year to next. In the meantime they will lose a lot more than that 500K in reduced ticket sales, UC memberships, parking, concessions, and advertising revenue.

We have heard many people saying that they are not going to renew their season tickets if TT is back, and I have never heard that from a UC ticket holder since Minter's last year. And I am talking long-time season ticket holders, not just people that bought tickets because UC suddenly got good. When you start losing your long term customers, who are brand loyal, you really have a problem on your hands.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #343
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Was mentioned on ESPN that Miles and Kiffin are being considered as candidates for the Houston job.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...coach-position
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #344
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Was mentioned on ESPN that Miles and Kiffin are being considered as candidates for the Houston job.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...coach-position
Houston is the best non-P5 job and is better than many P5 jobs. I'm not surprised that they'd land a top candidate (possibly better than someone like Purdue).
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:50 PM   #345
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
UC used to be considered the best non P5 job. Thanks Tubs.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:53 PM   #346
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
This is the year to hire. We're a very attractive job. Get a guy who wants to build and put himself in a situation for a big P5 job. That's the thing about "steppingstone" where we are...there's only 1 more step to take. And as NTS mentioned, Houston is better than many P5. We could be right there too.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #347
Z-Fly

Z-Fly is on a distinguished road
I'm not, personally, interested in either.
Z-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #348
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
If UC swings and misses on their top targets. Anybody like the idea of Mark Helfrich? Was a vital part of Chip Kelley's dominance at Oregon. Had a tough year but man did he have some big time wins as the Ducks head coach. Brilliant offensive mind. Universally liked. Probably an enormous long shot anyway but I just thought his personality might work in Cincinnati.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #349
Bearcats Sports

Bearcats Sports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
If UC swings and misses on their top targets. Anybody like the idea of Mark Helfrich? Was a vital part of Chip Kelley's dominance at Oregon. Had a tough year but man did he have some big time wins as the Ducks head coach. Brilliant offensive mind. Universally liked. Probably an enormous long shot anyway but I just thought his personality might work in Cincinnati.
I don't think we have the speed on offense for him to consider Cincy. Oregon is obviously a very up tempo offense, and they draw in a lot of fast athletes from Cali. Idk if our geographic in recruiting would work out well for him.
Bearcats Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #350
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats Sports View Post
I don't think we have the speed on offense for him to consider Cincy. Oregon is obviously a very up tempo offense, and they draw in a lot of fast athletes from Cali. Idk if our geographic in recruiting would work out well for him.
There arent fast kids in Ohio? That's new.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote