Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: Who will be the next coach?
P.J. Fleck 11 26.19%
Neal Brown 2 4.76%
Jason Candle 1 2.38%
Jeff Brohm 21 50.00%
Scott Satterfield 0 0%
Charlie Strong 4 9.52%
Other 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2016, 08:28 AM   #21
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm so excited about this. We are in the spot to land a GREAT coach. Perfect timing.
We had a GREAT coach (Hall of Famer), and you guys ran him off. Do you feel good about yourself? I will bet you will run off the next one, also. Maybe you will focus on Cronin now.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #22
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
We had a GREAT coach (Hall of Famer), and you guys ran him off. Do you feel good about yourself? I will bet you will run off the next one, also. Maybe you will focus on Cronin now.
he ran himself off by being a failure
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #23
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's over. You need to stop. Results matter.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #24
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No one posting here ran anyone off. As a Coach he has to know that finishing the season the way the Cats did was going to have the fan base in a foul mood. His interaction with the fans was his downfall. If he simply would have come out and said, I am as disappointed in our performance as anyone and will be working day and night to get this turned around he may have survived. It is the nature of the beast. He left with a boat load of money and will probably find another gig. Save your compassion for someone who wants and needs it. TT will be fine.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:01 AM   #25
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I honestly thought this was sarcasm and a joke at first.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:40 AM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I didn't go 1-7 in the AAC.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #27
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Fleck is my clear #1, he would be the dream candidate. My hope is that UC is acting quickly to make their pitch to Fleck. Unless a job like Oregon or Baylor is hanging out there for him I would think UC has to be very high on his list.

Beyond Fleck I'd put Brohm as my 1(a) candidate. Brohm might be less attainable than Fleck. I think because of Fleck's age people want to see a little more success from him before he's ready for the big time. I could see Baylor moving on Brohm.

Beyond that I think I'd take a run at Charlie Strong before Neal Brown. Strong might not be the slam dunk hire we all want but he'd build a solid program and he would be able to recruit this area very well. Brown is intriguing but I think he's still a year or two away from proving himself ready for the next step up. Jason Candle does nothing for me and the list of names gets pretty slim after that.

2 dark horse names that intrigue me are Lincoln Riley and Luke Fickell. I think we exhaust the list of current head coaches though before diving into the coordinator market.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #28
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Jeff Brohm to Purdue is being reported now.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #29
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Welp, Brohm to Purdue so forget my 1(a)
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #30
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
No one posting here ran anyone off. As a Coach he has to know that finishing the season the way the Cats did was going to have the fan base in a foul mood. His interaction with the fans was his downfall. If he simply would have come out and said, I am as disappointed in our performance as anyone and will be working day and night to get this turned around he may have survived. It is the nature of the beast. He left with a boat load of money and will probably find another gig. Save your compassion for someone who wants and needs it. TT will be fine.
I agree Waite. I think Tubs MIGHT have been able to survive had he just said we made a few bad calculations and we are working hard to return the program to prominence. It is on my shoulders and I will fix it. Our best talent resides in our younger classes and we anticipate making big strides next season. But he did the exact opposite. He behaved like petulant child. His off the field behavior: the excuses, the whining about fans negativity, blogs effecting recruiting, yelling at paying customers to go to hell and get a job, telling US we have never had a "progrum" here but just a few good wins. It never ended. He completely signed his own death warrant with the fan base. All of his other shortcomings aside this is the one that no coach can come back from. Lose the fan base and you are done. All accounts are Tommy was a good man. Respected by current and former players. My few interactions with him he couldnt have been nicer. However it just was a bad fit from the beginning. He didnt understand the job and the city didnt understand him. This is the best for all parties involved. Glad Bohn and Tubs worked it out in a very professional manner allowing the university to get a head start in their search. I've always wanted Fleck. He is exactly what the fan base is looking for. Midwest guy that is all about energy. I thought he played himself out of the conversation but looking at the landscape I dont see it as unrealistic as I initially thought. If Oregon passes where else is he gonna go? Purdue is where careers go to die. Baylor? No thank you with only one recruit committed and a rape scandal still being investigated. I think UC can make a good pitch to him. Interested to see how this all shakes out. Damn good year to be hiring a coach. Competition is not even close to what it could be for a good coach.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote