Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will be the next coach?
P.J. Fleck 11 26.19%
Neal Brown 2 4.76%
Jason Candle 1 2.38%
Jeff Brohm 21 50.00%
Scott Satterfield 0 0%
Charlie Strong 4 9.52%
Other 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2016, 10:26 AM   #31
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Just as I posted that I saw that ^^^ Brohm is headed to Purdue. Fleck becomes the priority and then Stong.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #32
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Just as I posted that I saw that ^^^ Brohm is headed to Purdue. Fleck becomes the priority and then Stong.
Too bad we missed out on him. I see the merits in going to a Big 10 job, but Purdue is a tough place to win. I'll be rooting for him against the buckeyes
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #33
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
Too bad we missed out on him. I see the merits in going to a Big 10 job, but Purdue is a tough place to win. I'll be rooting for him against the buckeyes
I have been to W Lafayette, and it is an enjoyable college town, but how could you actually live there long term if you were a big time coach. Cincinnati has so much to offer a family.

How much will we offer the next coach, and how much is Purdue paying? I'm very curious.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #34
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
I have been to W Lafayette, and it is an enjoyable college town, but how could you actually live there long term if you were a big time coach. Cincinnati has so much to offer a family.

How much will we offer the next coach, and how much is Purdue paying? I'm very curious.
Reported 6 years 20 million for Brohm. 3.3 million a year.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 PM   #35
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
Brohm was a LouisvilleSucks guy, born and bred.......you really think he wanted to come to Cincinnati?

I'm sure he has his reasons for taking the Purdue job, and more power to him. I'll certainly be rooting for him when they play that school in C-town. He might have been a good choice for UC, but I like to think that there is more than one good choice for the position.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:49 PM   #36
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Err. I mean I love west Lafayette. My favorite city in the US. 😁.

Seriously though, Cincy has a lot to offer.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:19 AM   #37
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Is that a million more then TT was making a year?
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #38
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Brohm is going to make over a million a year more at Purdue a bottom feeding P5 school.

While I think UC is a good job and has led some coaches to bigger and better positions. Why would someone like Fleck leave a place where he just went undefeated to pad his resume at another non P5 school without first checking out any P5 offers he may get which pays about a million more a year in salary?

It seems we would be more in line to get someone who has to prove himself AGAIN like a Strong who needs to find a spot to prove his worth.

Am I off target here???
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #39
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Brohm is going to make over a million a year more at Purdue a bottom feeding P5 school.

While I think UC is a good job and has led some coaches to bigger and better positions. Why would someone like Fleck leave a place where he just went undefeated to pad his resume at another non P5 school without first checking out any P5 offers he may get which pays about a million more a year in salary?

It seems we would be more in line to get someone who has to prove himself AGAIN like a Strong who needs to find a spot to prove his worth.

Am I off target here???
Waite, in time Fleck will get a Top P5 job. Not just any P5 job. Winning at UC is a better/quicker path than going to a place like Purdue. It's about the long-term...he's only 36 years old. And for Western Michigan, he has nothing left to prove there. He can only hurt his stock by returning.

*Also, do you what we're offering a new coach? The salary for Tuberville probably isn't what we're offering the new candidates.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-06-2016 at 09:10 AM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:22 AM   #40
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post

Am I off target here???
You act like salary is the ultimate deciding factor. Well, UC pays more than some P5 and Tuberville was making about 3x here what Fleck was making at Western Michigan.

We might not get Fleck. I remember a bunch of us wanting him last year...that would've been the time. But there are young guys like him who see the AAC as the path to the biggest jobs. Our conference is full of those coaches.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote