Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2017, 08:04 AM   #111
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Haha! I was just checking in to see what was said😁
I've never enjoyed watching a football game more than I did the OSU-Clemson game last night.

Loved it!

Welcome Coach Fickell! You're a bearcat now!

Go Cats!
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:51 AM   #112
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Hmmm...
LMAO!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #113
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Well, one good thing about Ohio State's loss to Clemson (aside from OSU losing): Urban didn't get the chance to fire Fickell in the middle of the playoffs, the way Saban did to Kiffin.

Nick Saban: always a class act. Probably the only guy who could make me feel a little bad for Lane Kiffin.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #114
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Well, one good thing about Ohio State's loss to Clemson (aside from OSU losing): Urban didn't get the chance to fire Fickell in the middle of the playoffs, the way Saban did to Kiffin.

Nick Saban: always a class act. Probably the only guy who could make me feel a little bad for Lane Kiffin.
Lets not act like Kiffin is scott free of doing anything. He has been late to meetings and practice and has missed the team bus twice, along with doing more work as a FAU coach than a OC at Bama. Saban noticed this and cut ties
Old 01-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #115
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Seriously? Some of you need to lighten the **** up. Can we not logically see how OSU being successful THIS YEAR helps the Bearcats. Their DC is our new head coach. We just went 4-8 in the AAC. Our recruiting classes have been dog shit. We went 7 consecutive quarters without scoring a damn touchdown. Coach Fick has a huge challenge ahead of him in rebuilding our culture and our roster. We have 9 commits out of the 25 allowed. If OSU wins a national title he gets to walk into kitchens and living rooms of recruits and say, "My defense just won another national title. Im in charge now. I know what it takes to make great players. Come be a part of my first class." THAT WILL SELL. That is the type of momentum a new coach can parlay into an incredible class. Every good Ohio recruit that doesnt go to the biggest blue blood programs (OSU, MSU, UM) are all going to Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Louisville, Purdue, and even Toledo. We need this pipeline back. I want coach Fick to have every advantage available to him because it is what is best for the BEARCATS. I hate OSU as much as the next UC fan but this year Ohio State's success is UC's gain. So when I say THIS YEAR I am rooting for the Ohio State buckeyes I am not trolling. I am making a logical argument that them having success will be good for the brand new coach and the team I care about. With that said, GO BUCKS!
Guess the momentum of LOSING to clemson didn't matter regarding his TOP TARGET in the state GO BEARCATS

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 01-03-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #116
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Guess the momentum of LOSING to clemson didn't matter regarding his TOP TARGET in the state GO BEARCATS
Whoever said losing would kill momentum for the Bearcats? I simply said them winning would help it. Which is true. Next.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #117
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Whoever said losing would kill momentum for the Bearcats? I simply said them winning would help it. Which is true. Next.
Opinion.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:10 PM   #118
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Prove it
Old 01-04-2017, 04:41 PM   #119
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

THIS will hurt pipelines to local schools

CINCINNATI -- The University of Cincinnati is no longer an option for Princeton senior defensive end Jamal Hines.

Princeton coach Pat McLaughlin told WCPO.com Hines didn’t de-commit but that he is no longer committed to the Bearcats.

UC coach Luke Fickell called McLaughlin Tuesday night to inform him that the scholarship offer was no longer active. Verbal commitments are considered non-binding. National Signing Day is Feb. 1.

Hines, a three-star recruit according to 247Sports, was an Associated Press Division II second-team all-district selection this past season for the Vikings. He was first-team all-Greater Miami Conference.

Hines originally made a verbal commitment to UC June 16, 2016 when Tommy Tuberville was the UC coach. Hines remained committed to the Bearcats after Fickell was named the new UC coach in December.

He was originally offered by the Bearcats Sept. 17, 2015.

Hines, who is listed at 6 feet 3 and 225 pounds, plans to visit Toledo Jan. 20 and is also considering other options including Bowling Green and Ball State.

“He’s a good kid,” McLaughlin said. “He plays at a high level.”

McLaughlin said academics are not an issue with Hines.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #120
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
THIS will hurt pipelines to local schools

CINCINNATI -- The University of Cincinnati is no longer an option for Princeton senior defensive end Jamal Hines.

Princeton coach Pat McLaughlin told WCPO.com Hines didn’t de-commit but that he is no longer committed to the Bearcats.

UC coach Luke Fickell called McLaughlin Tuesday night to inform him that the scholarship offer was no longer active. Verbal commitments are considered non-binding. National Signing Day is Feb. 1.

Hines, a three-star recruit according to 247Sports, was an Associated Press Division II second-team all-district selection this past season for the Vikings. He was first-team all-Greater Miami Conference.

Hines originally made a verbal commitment to UC June 16, 2016 when Tommy Tuberville was the UC coach. Hines remained committed to the Bearcats after Fickell was named the new UC coach in December.

He was originally offered by the Bearcats Sept. 17, 2015.

Hines, who is listed at 6 feet 3 and 225 pounds, plans to visit Toledo Jan. 20 and is also considering other options including Bowling Green and Ball State.

“He’s a good kid,” McLaughlin said. “He plays at a high level.”

McLaughlin said academics are not an issue with Hines.
Damn. That's cold.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote