Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 14 58.33%
UC wins by 1-10 9 37.50%
Houston wins 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #111
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Weird...I often hear him say self-deprecating kinds of statements - he just honestly tell it like it is. I guess one's mental filters determine what is heard.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #112
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Over the years, my friend and I listen to Coach Cronin on his post game interview. What we have noticed is that, over time, he has become much more arrogant, all knowing, and coming across like he has all the answers. His team this year has recorded an excellent record, but anyone would have to say it was a weak schedule. We are happy for the Bearcats and Coach Cronin, but wish he would stop telling us how good he is.
His style is different, but I don't take him as arrogant. He speaks his mind instead of giving Marvin Lewis coachspeak. I don't mind it.

If it bothers you - I wouldn't listen.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #113
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
In the past he has made excuses, whether it was about the shootout not being a big game, or the uconn shot. like I've said, I'm a mick guy but this stuff is annoying at times. I think he has done better this year. Everytime they've lost, he has said they didn't play well. No excuses. Except bulter
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:55 AM   #114
UC86

UC86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
In the past he has made excuses, whether it was about the shootout not being a big game, or the uconn shot. like I've said, I'm a mick guy but this stuff is annoying at times. I think he has done better this year. Everytime they've lost, he has said they didn't play well. No excuses. Except bulter
The thing about Mick that annoys me is that he complains about the lack of respect UC is getting. But then follows that up with complaining about seeds, Uconn's shot when it was clearly off on time, not playing another big east team because the refs don't call fouls and making excuses for losses. If he wants UC to get more respect, he needs to win the big games and stop making petty excuses for the losses. He's done a great job this year and we can start earning respect with an AAC tourney championship and a run in the tourney.
UC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #115
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC86 View Post
The thing about Mick that annoys me is that he complains about the lack of respect UC is getting. But then follows that up with complaining about seeds, Uconn's shot when it was clearly off on time, not playing another big east team because the refs don't call fouls and making excuses for losses. If he wants UC to get more respect, he needs to win the big games and stop making petty excuses for the losses. He's done a great job this year and we can start earning respect with an AAC tourney championship and a run in the tourney.
He literally has said this multiple times this year. He understands it and acknowledges it. Not his fault you havent been paying attention. God forbid our coach sounds like he knows what he is talking about. The arrogance!
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #116
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I've enjoyed getting Coach Cronin's perspective on things all year. I feel like he's had a very consistent message in his press conferences and radio shows.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #117
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
He literally has said this multiple times this year. He understands it and acknowledges it. Not his fault you havent been paying attention. God forbid our coach sounds like he knows what he is talking about. The arrogance!
He has been better this year. I do think he knows he has a pretty good team and its time to win. He didn't even complain about the shootout this year.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #118
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
When they have lost, he has said he needs to coach better. He also often says that coaching is overrated. That the players make the plays. I definitely don't like it when he whines. Or the other day he said that he remembered all the plays from the shoe. And then mentioned how he had to build this program Brick by Brick and poured the cement. Or something. I guess for newer fans it's important for him to remind us. But I would rather if he didn't even mention it.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote