Huskies win 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2019, 05:43 PM   #81
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think the role he's been asked to take on this year has been a factor in the last 2 games. his legs really look dead at the moment. hopefully he can get them back soon.
Yeah I mean we came away with the W, I could see more complaining if we didn’t. But he needs a few games he can take off and slow down a little bit. I’d ratger him take off a couple now then come tourney time
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #82
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Wow, best season a player has had in years and has a bad game. Give me a break dude
Jarron is a top ten player in college basketball imo... his head wasn't in it today tho. Looked uninterested in playing
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #83
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Jarron is a top ten player in college basketball imo... his head wasn't in it today tho. Looked uninterested in playing
I agree. If you’re a great player you are held to that standard. Fair or not. Also, he can have an off game against UConn, who is 4-10 in the league but if he plays like that against a decent team. We lose. Also go get the ball if they are denying you. Great players don’t let other teams dictate what they do. I love Jarron he just has to learn how to adjust because teams aren’t agaurding him 1-1 anymore
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #84
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Williams lucked out a bit. He was not aware of the clock until almost too late. Cane with an absolute monster dagger!!
I think Cane called for the ball because he knew it was about to end. I thought Keith was about to pull JR Smith. He didnt know or he wouldve turned around and chucked up a shot
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #85
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Cumberland did seem uninterested somewhat. I think his frustration in what the defenses have been allowed to do to him got the better of him today. He's taking a beating and getting no calls. We had touch fouls on us all game and get hammered in return. Jarron has been straight up held and grabbed for two straight games and the refs have done nothing. Mick addressed it in the postgame that he is going to say something to the league about it. Whereas some of that comes across as whiny, hes 100 percent right. Top player in the league and the refs are just allowing teams to beat him up. The refs in this league are straight garbage this year. UConn is horrible defensively and yet got whistled for no fouls except with 6 seconds left when they had to foul for what the last 12 minutes. Yet we got whistled like 8 times in that stretch. That's complete BS.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:25 PM   #86
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I don’t think Cumberland was uninterested. I think he’s tired of being held, pushed, grabbed with no calls. And he lets that effect him. He was a little lazy at times with passes, etc.

That said - man has he been great this year. I fully expect him to get his swagger back assuming the refs go back to calling the game the way they did prior to recently.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:26 PM   #87
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
It’s perfectly okay to say Jarron didn’t have a good game and didn’t seem to have his typical put team on shoulders attitude. He’s been carrying the load and it would be hard to expect that for every game. No need to make excuses...he was off. No big deal. The other guards stepped up. Cumberland will be back and fine.

Our bigs took some questionable shots and attempted some questionable plays. We have other players (guards) who can make plays...we don’t need Scott and Brooks doing it. I always cringe when I see Scott put the ball on the ground and try a spin move or extra dribbling. That’s not in his wheelhouse.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #88
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It’s perfectly okay to say Jarron didn’t have a good game and didn’t seem to have his typical put team on shoulders attitude. He’s been carrying the load and it would be hard to expect that for every game. No need to make excuses...he was off. No big deal. The other guards stepped up. Cumberland will be back and fine.

Our bigs took some questionable shots and attempted some questionable plays. We have other players (guards) who can make plays...we don’t need Scott and Brooks doing it. I always cringe when I see Scott put the ball on the ground and try a spin move or extra dribbling. That’s not in his wheelhouse.
Scott drinking is an automatic turnover. Him posting someone up is an automatic turnover. He needs to get better in the off season and stick to what he’s good at...hitting the boards.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #89
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
Cland had 8 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists in a game in which the opposing game plan was geared solely to shutting him down. He also broke a six minute scoring draught in the second half and made two critical free throws at the end of the game. If Cland “was not in the game” then I am sure Connecticut would like to know what it was doing all day.
He’s been getting the same treatment for a long time now. He gave the ball up more than he should have today. Normally he tries to do more with the ball. It didn’t seem like a priority today from he or Cronin. By the way... I thought Cronin stunk today as well
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:08 PM   #90
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
UCONN brought x players and coaches in a full house against Cincinnati. That last run at the end of the game and thanks to many of the calls will help UC when we play UCF on senior day in their full house. WE WON
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote