Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #271
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
If it really is between Dixon and Mick.

Dixon has a 8 million dollar buyout. Mick has a 2.2 million dollar buyout

IF they consider both on equal footing, that has to mean something.

I think Mick would do great at UCLA.

Think about the following:
  • The Pac 12 is ready for the taking. its not a good league
  • Mick's defense, plus 5 Star recruits Equals a of wins

UC would have won the Pac 12 last season if they played in it. And UCLA is the kinda school that recruits its self. Oh, you like great weather, the most beatiful college girls on earth & a program with prestige. Sign up. No Bag drop needed

Mick has to take this job. He has to.

Because, even if he fails, its a one in a lifetime experience. If he fails, he will get hired by someone else. Hell, he could get hired back by UC if they also struggle. |
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #272
Bearcat93

Bearcat93 is on a distinguished road
Mick is not taking that UCLA job for the reason we all know - but that should concern us rather than fill us w/ pride. UCLA - that's an All-Time Blue Blood Program - no matter where they have been recently. Unless you are a legendary coach that's a job you say yes to every time. Every time.

He'd rather be completely and consistently mediocre here and never held to a higher standard - looking at you Marvin Lewis. Same players. Same team. Same defense first strategy. Same offense last strategy. Same season. Same results. Year after year. We plateaued 5 years ago...

...only a laughably mediocre conference has disguised that fact.

Why not try a different approach? It's been famously said hoops is an easy game: put ball in hoop. Recruit guys who do that. They grown on trees all over this Country. The Zion gems will go where they go, but you can find shooters right in our own backyard.

I witnessed it in 92/93 - F4 and then E8 which should have been a F4...it can be done here. We sometimes forget how "storied" of a program we are. Those 2 big banners especially mean a lot. We should want more and not be afraid to risk it.
Bearcat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #273
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat93 View Post
Mick is not taking that UCLA job for the reason we all know - but that should concern us rather than fill us w/ pride. UCLA - that's an All-Time Blue Blood Program - no matter where they have been recently. Unless you are a legendary coach that's a job you say yes to every time. Every time.

He'd rather be completely and consistently mediocre here and never held to a higher standard - looking at you Marvin Lewis. Same players. Same team. Same defense first strategy. Same offense last strategy. Same season. Same results. Year after year. We plateaued 5 years ago...

...only a laughably mediocre conference has disguised that fact.

Why not try a different approach? It's been famously said hoops is an easy game: put ball in hoop. Recruit guys who do that. They grown on trees all over this Country. The Zion gems will go where they go, but you can find shooters right in our own backyard.

I witnessed it in 92/93 - F4 and then E8 which should have been a F4...it can be done here. We sometimes forget how "storied" of a program we are. Those 2 big banners especially mean a lot. We should want more and not be afraid to risk it.
I hope he does leave. He will never live up to some of the very delusional fan base
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #274
Hogsack

Hogsack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
I hope he does leave. He will never live up to some of the very delusional fan base
I agree! Those UCLA fans are crazy!
Hogsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:42 AM   #275
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
You mean Bearcats fans?
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:24 AM   #276
Hogsack

Hogsack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
You mean Bearcats fans?
I knew what he was referring to.
Hogsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:13 AM   #277
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You mean Bearcats fans?
I know right! I mean what other fan base would demand their team beat a powerhouse Iowa team in the 1st round? Or hold onto a 20 point lead in the 2nd half against Nevada? Or make it to the S16 more than 1x per decade?

Delusional fans is right.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:35 AM   #278
jtsladder@aol.com

Quote:
You mean Bearcats fans?
Correct
Old 04-03-2019, 07:37 AM   #279
jtsladder@aol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I know right! I mean what other fan base would demand their team beat a powerhouse Iowa team in the 1st round? Or hold onto a 20 point lead in the 2nd half against Nevada? Or make it to the S16 more than 1x per decade?

My point was Cincinnati is not a destination like some of think it is. If you want to pay for players then sure you can get a fe 5 star kids
Old 04-03-2019, 07:38 AM   #280
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post

I'm not sure what the word is actually. He's averaged 26 wins a year for the last 9 years and this board still implodes after almost every loss. The Nevada fiasco will never be explainable, i get that. But now, we're "shocked" we lost to a team that spent over half the season ranked in the Top 25 while playing in a top tier conference. I'm just curious how that loss gets thrown in the "games to use in the case against Cronin" category?
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote