Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2019, 09:27 AM   #171
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Cumberland should investigate it, but the NBA will let him now his likely draft position. His inability to finish at the rim is a killer. He and Jenifer were essentially the same when it came to scoring at the basket, both in percentage of shots taken and FG%. One of the toughest adjustments in the NBA is finishing inside, because of the size and skill level of the defenders. If you are bad at in college, NBA teams are not going to look at you unless you are terrific at other things.

It's not impossible that he could forge an NBA career - he is strong, a good passer, and a pretty good 3 point shooter, but late 2nd round would be the best case scenario right now, and I have doubts he would get that.
So you agree....?
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #172
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Starting to be concerned about few things....

Cumberland staying
Nysier staying
Logan staying
Samari staying
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #173
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

Cumberland staying
Nysier staying
Logan staying
Samari staying
Obviously we need Cumberland first and foremost but not a lot we can do about that. Seeing as how we only have one PG I think Johnson would be a big deal too. Brooks would be a big deal too but I guess we have options to throw out there for him in Diara, Nsoseme, or Gillam and or Hardnett could move Scott over to the 5. Not optimal but at least there are options.

Curtis would be a tough loss but probably the most replaceable of the 4. Grad transfers here we come...if we lose 1 or 2 of the guards
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:06 AM   #174
Cpaw

Cpaw is on a distinguished road
From the mouth of Bob Huggins then from the twitter of Alex Meachem, "We only want those who want to be here!"

Fortune Favors the Bold
Cpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #175
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Per Justin Williams Twitter...Brooks is in the transfer portal but not eligible as a grad transfer. he is weighing his options and could also stay.

Probably looking for a really big time opportunity I guess with a blue blood or something. I guess pro money is not a big deal for him at the moment since he would have to sit a year.

I hope he finds what he wants or and or returns.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #176
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpaw View Post
From the mouth of Bob Huggins then from the twitter of Alex Meachem, "We only want those who want to be here!"
I wonder what brooks is trying to find. He would be starting on a top 25 team, with his friends. What situation would be better than that?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #177
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Per Justin Williams Twitter...Brooks is in the transfer portal but not eligible as a grad transfer. he is weighing his options and could also stay.

Probably looking for a really big time opportunity I guess with a blue blood or something. I guess pro money is not a big deal for him at the moment since he would have to sit a year.

Maybe with family issues wants to be closer to home as well. Who knows
Old 04-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #178
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

Cumberland staying
Nysier staying
Logan staying
Samari staying
Jc LoJo have been practicing, so idk why they would leave, I think brooks is coming around to staying(only because his Instagram story, that’s the only thing I’m going off of, definitely just my opinion.) and who knows with Curtis the only thing I can see being a good thing is on his tweeter under his info about himself it still says he’s a commit
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #179
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Jc LoJo have been practicing, so idk why they would leave, I think brooks is coming around to staying(only because his Instagram story, that’s the only thing I’m going off of, definitely just my opinion.) and who knows with Curtis the only thing I can see being a good thing is on his tweeter under his info about himself it still says he’s a commit

people were saying curtis unfollowed all uc stuff on twitter or instagram or w/e it is the kids do these days.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #180
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

If brooks transfers I’m predicting st joes, he is good friends with Charlie Brown(there best player)
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote