Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #71
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillCosby View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.
Could be. Savino was supposed to be our money recruiter though.just do quick Google search and recruiting comes up first thing in savino bio.

Last edited by Bulldog01; 05-20-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #72
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
Ok thanks. A big year next year will show a lot to incoming recruits. Next year is very important. We need to get over the hump.
People say this every year.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #73
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
Ok thanks. A big year next year will show a lot to incoming recruits. Next year is very important. We need to get over the hump.
No it won't.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #74
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
UC lost its best recruiter to Oregon.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #75
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Cincinnati needs consecutive deep runs in the NCAA. I respect the heck out of Mick as an X and O guy and believe he will always have competitive teams but it is obvious he needs a closer on the staff or the edge that deep tournament runs can give you. Show a player you will win championships (league, CT, NCAA, non conf tournys )consistently and get them noticed and they will come play for you.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #76
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Cincinnati needs consecutive deep runs in the NCAA. I respect the heck out of Mick as an X and O guy and believe he will always have competitive teams but it is obvious he needs a closer on the staff or the edge that deep tournament runs can give you. Show a player you will win championships (league, CT, NCAA, non conf tournys )consistently and get them noticed and they will come play for you.
I think some deep tournament runs would help revive our fanbase but I'm not as sure about recruiting. Exposure on ESPN and getting players to the NBA is probably more of a motivating factor in a college choice.

At one time, Mick said he wants his assistants to be coaches first then recruiters (I'll try to find the article or link). If that's his philosophy, the results we're getting shouldn't be a surprise. We'll get the occasional gym rat that turns himself into a a great player (SK and hopefully Clark). More times then not we'll get good, gritty players that will grind out victories but not get the Cats to a final four or hear their name called during the NBA draft.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:43 PM   #77
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Not asking Mick to be Calipari but I question if we can even consistently land the recruits necessary to make ANY type of tournament run. Think about Louisville they had 2 pro's on their roster Terry Rozier and Montrezl Harrell. Rozier was ranked #80 in his class and Harrell was ranked #82. These weren't Mickey D's All-Americans yet both left early and will be drafted in a month. Something Mick is doing isn't working if we are interested in taking the next step as a program. The recruiting is really the only thing I can point to.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #78
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Not asking Mick to be Calipari but I question if we can even consistently land the recruits necessary to make ANY type of tournament run. Think about Louisville they had 2 pro's on their roster Terry Rozier and Montrezl Harrell. Rozier was ranked #80 in his class and Harrell was ranked #82. These weren't Mickey D's All-Americans yet both left early and will be drafted in a month. Something Mick is doing isn't working if we are interested in taking the next step as a program. The recruiting is really the only thing I can point to.
Can't disagree
Old 05-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #79
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
It was really just an observation, we seem to be way out in front in offering NYC/NYJ recruits before they really blow up but always seem behind on Ohio recruits. I guess the staff doesn't have good connections to coaches in Ohio? I don't think Mick has signed a high school kid from the state of Ohio (Im referring to outside of Cincinnati) in his 9 years. Just kind of odd.
I don't get this either. Everyone once in a while we go after the home run kids in-state, but there is no built-in advantage for us. Like I still don't get why we haven't had any connection with Jalen Tate. His brother wasn't that highly recruited, but goes right in and has a good freshman year at Ohio State. And doesn't Jalen play on the best AAU team in the state? We never use all of our scholarships anyway, so why not look into someone like this? He has Bearcat pedigree. Maybe he's not that physically strong yet, but you can't tell me he wouldn't be a Jermaine Sanders (or one of a million others guys we've had) at worst by the time he's 22. And it'd be an in-state kid keeping the pipeline open. The guys like Huggins, Matta, and Izzo understand this. They put in the work in Ohio all the time, then we come rolling in once every few years for the Nick Ward guys, but we're already far behind. I mean, if we're bringing in guys like Jordan Caroline to visit, and we're offering 2016 kids who are being looked at in the lowest levels of D-1, why not at least give him a look? Kent State has offered him, and Ohio State and Iowa have interest. Just seems like with 6 scholarships, and a coach who couldn't fly all season, we'd try to put in some kind of effort. You never know where the next in-state stars are going to come from, might as well develop the relationships imo.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #80
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Uhhhh, where'd my post go? Was that really too personal towards NTS? I just wanted an explanation why he believed that, to which it appears he responded to without any issue. Now the thread just looks silly.

Jacob, if you'd like, DM me as to why you deleted that, because I think that was a little soft, to be completely honest.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote