Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will be the next coach?
P.J. Fleck 24 53.33%
Charlie Strong 7 15.56%
Neal Brown 1 2.22%
Jason Candle 0 0%
Scott Satterfield 0 0%
Kerry Coombs 7 15.56%
Lincoln Riley 1 2.22%
Other 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Football Coaching Search

Wanted to give people a chance to vote again since Brohm is going to Purdue.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #2
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Wanted to give people a chance to vote again since Brohm is going to Purdue.
And some people still don't think p5 matters that much? Well looks like it matters recruiting coaches, guessing it matters when recruiting players too. That being said, purdue over UC, lol.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
And some people still don't think p5 matters that much? Well looks like it matters recruiting coaches, guessing it matters when recruiting players too. That being said, purdue over UC, lol.
I don't recall anyone saying P5 doesn't matter much in football.

For Purdue vs UC though, I think it depends on age/experience of the candidate. Are you just trying to get a P5 job to have a P5 job? Or are you a rising star who feels like winning at one more stop can all but guarantee you a very top P5 job?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I don't recall anyone saying P5 doesn't matter much in football.

For Purdue vs UC though, I think it depends on age/experience of the candidate. Are you just trying to get a P5 job to have a P5 job? Or are you a rising star who feels like winning at one more stop can all but guarantee you a very top P5 job?
EXACTLY. I'd say Purdue is high risk for career killer whereas UC not so much--a true stepping stone, until or unless they join a P-5 conference
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #5
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Anyone know when/if we are meeting with fleck?
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #6
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
All these coaching candidates are standing in line for the UC job. Although it has not been a P5 conference for the last 4 years, Tuberville got blamed for everything--recruiting especially. It is no longer the great job everyone thinks it is. Tell me what it has to offer.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #7
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
All these coaching candidates are standing in line for the UC job. Although it has not been a P5 conference for the last 4 years, Tuberville got blamed for everything--recruiting especially. It is no longer the great job everyone thinks it is. Tell me what it has to offer.
This is a very easy answer. First of all it offers a substantial raise to an up and coming coach. PJ Fleck makes 800k at WMU. Tubs make 2.2 million. Have heard a lot of people (Even that ass hat Lance McAllister) call it a lateral move. Even if that is true (It's not) who wouldnt take a 1.4 million pay raise to make a lateral move. Cincinnati has just upgraded it's historic stadium to the tune of 100 million dollars. Located in a big league town. Fertile recruiting ground. Plays on national TV. Chance to raise profile because you can win at UC. History of sending coaches to BIG TIME P5 programs (Brohm will die a slow death at Purdue). It is one of the most attractive jobs in the G5. Who is better? Houston and that is just the last two years. Boise? BYU? If you are looking to climb the latter there is not much better of an opportunity than Cincinnati. UC is in a great spot to get a really good coach.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #8
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
TT couldn't even recruit better than other non p5 schools. He is done, gone, forget him.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #9
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The chance at a better job lol. Seriously though, Bohn can just point to our last four head coaches and say "Look, in the last 10 years we've had three quality head coaches and one flaming pile of crap. Those three coaches went straight from here to some of the best programs in the country. If that's your goal, that's OK with us and there's no better place than here to take as your next step."
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #10
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
GTFO
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote