Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 12-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #91
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Sorry Jack, agree to disagree. By this logic if Alabama wins FAU will be a cool/trendy place to go? Just not buying it, If any advantage it is so minor and not worth rooting for them.
Dont want to get too much more into this as I've stated my opinion. This is not the same logic as FAU and Cincy are on completely different levels in completely different situations. Fickell would have momentum in OHIO with a lot of recruits that OSU passed over. The connection would be much more relevant if a school in Ohio brought home the national championship. Ohio State is essentially Cincy's older brother when it comes to football. Recruits would be able to see the natural link. FAU and Alabama would not be the same. UC has played in 2 BCS bowls, won multiple conference champions ships, sent players to the NFL, and not withstanding Tubs last year is a very attractive and successful program. FAU not so much. I think Fick would capitalize much more than Kiffin would be able to because of the schools they are at and the situations they are in. But fine agree to disagree. Go BUCKS!

Also wanted to say I would have been fine with him quitting OSU and starting the UC job right away. Since he didn't I want them to win it all since I obviously think that would be best for the Bearcats. Go Cats!
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #92
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
We want Fickell to start here full time as soon as possible. That means OSU losing to Clemson.
Amen, anyone who doesn't agree with this statement shouldn't be posting to this board. Go find another place to post your OSU fan garbage and keep it off the UC message boards.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:39 PM   #93
GoCats88
Banned

GoCats88 is on a distinguished road
CFP committee purposely made it so that OSY and Alabama could play each other for the championship. There is no reason for the actual ranking. OSU should be a 2 or 4, there isn't anything really separating Washington and Clemson, that should have been the 2/3 game IMO. So I will be rooting against both Alabama and OSU cause middle finger to the committee
GoCats88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #94
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCats88 View Post
CFP committee purposely made it so that OSY and Alabama could play each other for the championship. There is no reason for the actual ranking. OSU should be a 2 or 4, there isn't anything really separating Washington and Clemson, that should have been the 2/3 game IMO. So I will be rooting against both Alabama and OSU cause middle finger to the committee
I thought Ohio State should've been the 4. The difference between Clemson and Washington is the schedule. Washington played easy non-conference games against Idaho, Rutgers and I forget who else, while Clemson played @Auburn and Troy.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:50 PM   #95
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I thought Ohio State should've been the 4. The difference between Clemson and Washington is the schedule. Washington played easy non-conference games against Idaho, Rutgers and I forget who else, while Clemson played @Auburn and Troy.
Jake I know you follow the betting lines very close but I am interested in knowing what criteria you are using to rank the teams. I actually agree with the previous comment that the committee wanted TOSU and the Bama playing in the finals. Ratings bonanza for the networks. I also think it worked out because I have the Buckeyes favored over Washington and Clemson. I have them a decisive dog to Bama.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #96
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Jake I know you follow the betting lines very close but I am interested in knowing what criteria you are using to rank the teams. I actually agree with the previous comment that the committee wanted TOSU and the Bama playing in the finals. Ratings bonanza for the networks. I also think it worked out because I have the Buckeyes favored over Washington and Clemson. I have them a decisive dog to Bama.
I'd probably have OSU #2 on a neutral field when it comes to betting...I was basing them being #4 on what the committee claims to care about. They say conference championships are weighed heavily, so I though Washington throttling Colorado while Ohio State sat at home would've been enough to move them ahead.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #97
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd probably have OSU #2 on a neutral field when it comes to betting...I was basing them being #4 on what the committee claims to care about. They say conference championships are weighed heavily, so I though Washington throttling Colorado while Ohio State sat at home would've been enough to move them ahead.
yea I see that. Them not winning their conference and not even playing in the game was a big hit to their resume in my opinion. Like you I do think they are the second best team in the fielld. I'll. Be in Vegas over the holiday so if you need me to check a line let me know.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #98
GoCats88
Banned

GoCats88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Their wins were pretty even, and sure give them the nod because auburn was out of conference, but washingtons loss was to a better team. I think you could pick either one, but I agree OSU should have probably been the four since they didn't win or even play in their conference championship. Something that knocked TCU out a couple years ago. But if you wanted to say they had better wins and a better loss than both Clemson and Washington, so be it, put em at 2. But I just don't see how the justified it the way they did. I truly believe they wanted a repeat.
GoCats88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #99
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
People who wore tOSU gear on UC campus are disgusting human beings
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #100
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
People who wore tOSU gear on UC campus are disgusting human beings
NTS's point in another thread explains why people do that, and don't think about it. They have been led to believe that OSU is the school of Ohio. They want you to root for them and your particular school (read BGSU, Toledo. UC, OU, etc).
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote