Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #151
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@PatLawless_
Wynston Tabbs, a class of 2018 PG playing for Team Melo (MD), just picked up an offer from Cincinnati.

http://247sports.com/Player/Wynston-Tabbs-94269
Dang all these guys are solid, but we need some top 50 players.look at Jarron. You can see the difference
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #152
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Is anyone else getting fed up when you see the names of Jerome Hunter and Darius Bazley (Ohio guys) and nothing on UC recruiting them. They are top guys in 2018, from Ohio, yet you see Purdue, Xavier, Michigan, and OSU on them.

I trust Cornin, I really do, but I do get frustrated about this kind of stuff, especially seeing what Luke Fickell is pulling off.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #153
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Is anyone else getting fed up when you see the names of Jerome Hunter and Darius Bazley (Ohio guys) and nothing on UC recruiting them. They are top guys in 2018, from Ohio, yet you see Purdue, Xavier, Michigan, and OSU on them.

I trust Cornin, I really do, but I do get frustrated about this kind of stuff, especially seeing what Luke Fickell is pulling off.
I have no doubt that Mick is trying. I think he's trying to figure out how *much* to try, though. You don't want to put all kinds of time and effort into a kid that has no interest in going to your school. Mick said a year or two ago that once he realized Luke Kennard had no interest in UC, he moved on and started focusing on Jacob Evans, who we obviously ended up landing. If Mick had continued to pursue Kennard, we never would've landed Evans.

I think we're able to land Cincy kids (KJ, Cumberland), but it feels like we have a tough time with Ohio kids 50+ miles outside of Cincy.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #154
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I have no doubt that Mick is trying. I think he's trying to figure out how *much* to try, though. You don't want to put all kinds of time and effort into a kid that has no interest in going to your school. Mick said a year or two ago that once he realized Luke Kennard had no interest in UC, he moved on and started focusing on Jacob Evans, who we obviously ended up landing. If Mick had continued to pursue Kennard, we never would've landed Evans.

I think we're able to land Cincy kids (KJ, Cumberland), but it feels like we have a tough time with Ohio kids 50+ miles outside of Cincy.
Yeah I know I agree but when it's Duke that a kid wants to go to over your school it's a little more understanding than the other schools I listed.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 05-08-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #155
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Yeah I know I agree but when it's Duke that a kid wants to go to over your school it's a little more understanding then the other schools I listed.
But what do you do if a kid from the start isn't returning your calls or texts as the head coach of a school? Do you just continue to contact him and attend his games? I want recruiting to pick up as well; believe me. I just don't know what the solution is (in regards to things the university can control).
Old 05-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #156
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
But what do you do if a kid from the start isn't returning your calls or texts as the head coach of a school? Do you just continue to contact him and attend his games? I want recruiting to pick up as well; believe me. I just don't know what the solution is (in regards to things the university can control).
Yeah I'm assuming that both kids have made it clear that they don't want to come to UC so Cronin isnt going to waste his time.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #157
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agree with this. If they don't want to come here, what can you do. If they have zero interest, you might as well move on. Kind of like kennard
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #158
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Yeah I guess I just cant understand how 2 top kids in Ohio have zero interest in coming here, and neither are going to a Duke/UK type school but have interest in the other local schools. I guess that is what makes me angry.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #159
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Yeah I guess I just cant understand how 2 top kids in Ohio have zero interest in coming here, and neither are going to a Duke/UK type school but have interest in the other local schools. I guess that is what makes me angry.
I think I posted this a week or two ago, but Bazley is trying to go as high-major as possible. I can't imagine he goes to a school like X. He's aiming for UK. Maybe Mick sees that.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #160
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Gotcha, thanks