Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 6+ 10 21.28%
UC wins by 1-5 24 51.06%
Butler wins by 1-5 6 12.77%
Butler wins by 6+ 7 14.89%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Butler

Really exciting game. Hopefully the Iowa State game got us over the hump in big games.

Game is a Saturday 4:30 EST on FS1. No CBS Sports Network for this game this year!

Butler is 8-0. They could be 9-0 when they play us bc they play @Indiana State on Wednesday. They beat: Northern Colorado (89-52), Northwestern (70-68), Bucknell (86-60), Norfolk State (91-55), @Vanderbilt (76-66), @Aeizona 69-65, @Utah 68-59, Central Arkansas (82-58). Very impressive.

They are #17 in KemPom. I bet they'll be -3.

UC 67
Butler 63
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I believe the Vandy and Arizona games were both on a neutral floor.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:12 AM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I believe the Vandy and Arizona games were both on a neutral floor.
Ok gotcha thanks. I was wondering about that.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:49 AM   #4
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Lots of people talking up butler but this is the kind of team we can give fits. If we can play D the whole game like we did against Iowa State, it should go pretty well for us. Looks like we have size at almost every position. They're obviously a better shooting team, but overall not by much, 3s is where they excel. I'm guessing that will be the deciding factor in the game for us on D, can we stop them from hitting a bunch of 3s, anything under 5 total for their team I'll say easy win for us. On the opposite side, I think it'll be to get our big guys going. Washington I'm sure will have a good game here, would love to see Clark with another double double. Either way, this is gonna be another great game, would be awesome to get a second signature win on the road. GO CATS!
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:02 AM   #5
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Lots of people talking up butler but this is the kind of team we can give fits. If we can play D the whole game like we did against Iowa State, it should go pretty well for us. Looks like we have size at almost every position. They're obviously a better shooting team, but overall not by much, 3s is where they excel. I'm guessing that will be the deciding factor in the game for us on D, can we stop them from hitting a bunch of 3s, anything under 5 total for their team I'll say easy win for us. On the opposite side, I think it'll be to get our big guys going. Washington I'm sure will have a good game here, would love to see Clark with another double double. Either way, this is gonna be another great game, would be awesome to get a second signature win on the road. GO CATS!
Bought my tickets last night. Can't wait!

Go Cats!
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #6
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
For whoever's going to the game, some friends and I will probably be pregaming at Scotty's Dawghouse (a nice bar right next to Hinkle) before the game. If you plan on driving up, let me know if you want to meet for a beer beforehand! PSA: They do NOT sell alcohol at the game...be prepared!

This should be a great, probably low-scoring affair. Everyone knows UC runs at a slow pace, but Butler does as well -- 259th in the country in tempo. I think a final of 61-59 seems about right. Now who's got the 61, we'll find out....
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #7
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Anyone heading up?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #8
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Man, I remember playing UCONN last year at home and we were pretty much in control the whole game until start to finish. This is how the Butler game felt but blew it at the end. I really like our chances for this game. Not saying we blow them out just feel very confident especially after this ISU win. Cant wait until Saturday. I'll be at Santacon downtown waiting for this game to start all day.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #9
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
We have a lot of time to prepare for this one. It's a pay back game. Cronin has proven to the team we can win with D on the road on an off shooting night. Confidence and chemistry are building. Caupain hasn't really even had one great game yet.

If they don't shoot lights out from 3 I like our chances.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:58 PM   #10
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Small sample so far, but our 3-pt defense has vastly improved since last year. Like waterhead said, if they don't get hot from 3, which means we continue defending the 3 shot well, I like our chances.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote