Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Ryan Taylor (Offer)

Dave Telep
Cincinnati is recruiting Ryan Taylor. Big weekend for him as there will be a lot of eyeballs on him.

SF from Louisville originally committed to U of L. Did not sign in the early period.

Espn lists him as a 3 star and an overall rating of 90.......
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
JackBauer151
Epic Member

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
2012 Hargrave Military (VA) forward Ryan Taylor did not sign with Louisville, per @DaveTelep. Cincinnati is now recruiting him.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
JackBauer151
Epic Member

DaveTelep Dave Telep
Ryan Taylor has the energy and desire of a guy who wants a scholarship. #nps
Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Strengths:
Taylor has a solid looking frame with nice length and his overall athletic package is quite good. He has continued to develop his game and it now looks like he'll mold himself into a wing-type for the next level. He is a versatile player who can go inside and out to get his points. He has the strength to overpower defenders in the post where he possesses a nice up-and-under move and he can knock down the 3-point shot as well. He gets nice lift on his shot and his release is smooth.

Weaknesses:
Defensively he is solid though he needs to learn to sustain his effort on that end of the floor. His ball handling has improved in the past year and he can get to the basket in transition-not too mention he shows hints of a developing mid-range game.

Bottom Line:
Ryan is strong and athletic. He is an all around forward that can do a little bit of everything. Taylor is a high major talent and one to keep a close eye on his progress. He must get his grades up during his senior year or a prep year might be in the works.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
kg5

kg5 is on a distinguished road
I seen Ryan play many times at Lawrence North HS in Indy, I did not like his game, he may have improved over the years (should be a frosh this year) but he does have a nice frame and can pass the ball pretty well. I wont be mad if he comes to UC but I know we can get better.
kg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It appears that Louisville and former Louisville commit Ryan Taylor have officially broken up. No definite word on who cheated on whom.

Initially listed as a power forward in the 2011 class, Taylor committed to Louisville early, back in January of 2009. Due to academic issues, he was forced to re-classify as a 2012 class recruit and enroll at Hargrave Military Academy.

What's interesting about this development is that Pitino watched Taylor play at Hargrave just two weeks ago. Did Pitino confirm what he needed to see? Does Taylor no longer fit a need? Or did the academics issue play a factor?

Here's a quote from Taylor, via CBS.com's Jeff Borzello:

"I can't really say [what happened], but we both wanted to go our separate ways," Taylor said at the National Prep Showcase. "No disrespect to Coach Pitino or their program, but we wanted to go our separate ways."

Sounds to me like Louisville was ready to move in a different direction. It's not you, Ryan, it's us.

According to Borzello, Taylor has no timetable for a commitment but is looking at Dayton, Cincinnati and Arkansas. Taylor added, "I like the Big East style of basketball; Big East and Big Ten."
http://www.cardchronicle.com/2011/11...aylor-moves-on
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Former Louisville Commit Taylor Remains Open
BY ADAM ZAGORIA ON NOVEMBER 21, 2011, 10:14AM

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — Former Louisville commit Ryan Taylor looked impressive this weekend at the National Prep Showcase and says he remains open in his recruitment.

“I committed early as a sophomore to Louisville,” the 6-foot-6 Taylor said after putting up 26 points and 11 rebounds Saturday in Hargrave (Va.) Military Academy’s 90-86 win over Brigton (Maine).

“Right now I’m just open to any [schools] and then I’ll start taking my official visits because I haven’t taken any.”

Taylor said his coaches told him Dayton, Cincinnati and Arkansas have reached out, but he doesn’t have any favorites it this point.

The Rivals No. 32 small forward in the Class of 2011, he plans to sign during the spring.

Taylor looked physical, athletic and active, especially in the paint.

“I try to say I can do everything,” he said. I rebound, I shoot the perimeter jump shot. I just like to battle, go in and bruise people around and get rebounds and score.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/21/f...-remains-open/
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Offered per his coach.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
The boy is a head case. Average talent does not make up for the attitude strapped to his back
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
The boy is a head case. Average talent does not make up for the attitude strapped to his back
source?
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote