Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 MD ATH Stefon Diggs (Offer)

Athlete
Olney, MD (Lady of Good Counsel)

Ht:6'0"
Wt:160 lbs
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by MD and Pitt.

Interest from UC, Florida, GA, OSU, Oregon, UCLA, and WV.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Stefon Diggs, DB, Our Lady of Good Counsel (Olney, Md.)

Good Counsel was blessed with the likes of Jelani Jenkins and Caleb Porzel last season—two major difference makers on the prep scene. What’s frightening for other WCAC teams is that Bob Milloy’s squad will return Stefon Diggs in 2010 along with a host of other standouts.

Diggs saw action on wide receiver and defensive back for the Falcons. He was also valuable on special teams, where his quickness allowed him to excel at returning punts.

A teammate of Diggs’, Wesley Brown, will also be heavily recruited in 2012. His speed should allow him the chance to replace Porzel at running back for the 2009 season.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2009/7/2...28-09-football
Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Old 04-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Good Counsel sophomore Stefon Diggs' ludicrous three-touchdown outing against Gilman alone puts him in the conversation. He housed kick returns of 87 and 93 yards, then added a 12-yard run.

http://www.gazette.net/stories/10062...25_32523.shtml
Old 04-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

Every year a player comes around in the WCAC that rises above the rest. Two years ago it was Kenny Tate (Maryland). Last year it was Jelani Jenkins (Florida). This year it's Stefon Diggs. The problem is that he is only a sophomore.

The 6-foot, 175-pound Germantown native had his coming out party last night as Good Counsel (3-0) rolled to a 49-37 victory over a very talented Gilman team. Diggs returned two kickoffs for scores, scored a third touchdown on a 12-yard run, racked up 51 yards on five carries and left everyone wanting more. With Good Counsel leading 7-3 halfway through the first quarter, Diggs returned a kick 87 yards for his first score of the game.

"I was ready to make a play for my team, and I just kind of felt it in my blood," Diggs said. "I knew I had it, [my teammates] made the necessary blocks and I just hit it."

With Darius Jennings (34 carries, 273 yards, 3 touchdowns) doing everything he could to keep the Greyhounds in the game, Diggs would consistently negate any progress Jennings and his teammates made, and he did it quickly. Moments after Gilman scored to make it a 14-10 game, Diggs returned the ensuing kickoff 94 yards for his second touchdown of the half.

"I was kind of upset they kicked it to me again because I already took one back," Diggs said. "It was like they didn't care. I had to make them pay for that."

And he did. Any momentum Gilman had quickly shifted to Good Counsel's sidelines as the Falcons made one big play after another. Jennings scored his first touchdown of the game on a 9-yard run to bring Gilman with three at 21-18, but Good Counsel quarterback Zach Dancel hit wide receiver Louis Young on a 71-yard touchdown pass to put the Falcons up by 10. The scoring continued through the second half, but Diggs and E.J. Scott (Virginia) tacked on two more touchdowns to put the Greyhounds away. Diggs' final touchdown was an impressive run that put the exclamation point on an already successful night.

"I'm not too fast, so I just try to make plays," Diggs added. "I got a pitch to the outside, the defense overpersued so I cut it back. I even faked myself."

As for all the success Diggs is having during his sophomore season, which follows a freshman year where he was named to the WCAC First Team All-Conference, Diggs is staying grounded.

"This is overwhelming, but everyone tells me to stay on top of my schoolwork. That's all that matters."

http://dcsportsfan.com/article.aspx?aid=2978
Old 01-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1172633

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO - Saturday will be a big day when it comes to the class of 2011, with double-digit prospects making their school declarations and the best of the best from the recruiting class strutting their stuff on the field at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

However, it will also be a big day for a few top prospects from the class of 2012 as they are announced as members of next year's Army All-American Bowl.

Joining Blanks and Theus on the East squad next year will be Olney (Md.) Good Counsel athlete Stefon Diggs. Diggs, a 6-foot, 175-pounder, is one of the most dynamic prospects on the East Coast and already holds offers from Maryland, Miami, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and others.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Cal offers.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
This kid seems supremely talented. The day UC gets an athlete of his caliber in the program is the day I start to believe we can actually land 5 star players- or at least 4 star players consistently.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Scout showing a UC offer.