Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #521
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Gotcha.

Well if a horrendous game is all it takes for a 16 to beat the #1 overall team by 20, I'm not too worried about the changing landscape.
It's only happened once. They were 17-1 in ACC and a number 1 overall seed. As I said if there offense was the issue I think it would have surfaced against UNC, or Duke or one of the othe rgood teams in the conference not UMBC. That loss was a fluke. it was not a indication of how UV played offensively over the course of their season.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 04-17-2018 at 06:27 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #522
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Ok now I’ve heard everything. #1 seed 17-1 in ACC but lost 1 player and it’s ok to lose to a #16 seed for the first time ever in the tournament!
Not sayin it is ok to lose to a 16 seed. you may want to go back and read the thread.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:29 PM   #523
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Not sayin it is ok to lose to a 16 seed. you may want to go back and read the thread.
Oh sorry I’ll just “factor” it in then when justifying it.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:32 PM   #524
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Interesting that the 2 biggest tournament loses were dealt to the 2 best defensive teams (with not much offense)? Could there be something to learn from that?
This was the original comment I responded to. UC and uV were not bad offensive teams. What I would hope we learned is you don't quit playing until the final horn sounds. I don't think we lost because of the quality of our offense.

Just to put things in perspective we blew a 22 point lead in 11 minutes. We held teams under 20 points in a whole half of basketball a few times.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #525
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Oh sorry I’ll just “factor” it in then when justifying it.
What's is there to factor in? We played a horrible 11 minutes of basketball that ruined the season for the entire fan base and the team and its staff. Unfortunately such a ending wiped away all the good the team accomplished in many people's eyes.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #526
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
What's is there to factor in? We played a horrible 11 minutes of basketball that ruined the season for the entire fan base and the team and its staff. Unfortunately such a ending wiped away all the good the team accomplished in many people's eyes.
You said to factor in VA losing a player before the tournament in their loss to a 16seed
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:53 PM   #527
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
You said to factor in VA losing a player before the tournament in their loss to a 16seed
They lost their 6 man. They still should have won that game. Again my point was to your comment alluding that defensive teams are at a disadvantage in the tourney. All I'm trying to point out is UC and UV are not bad offensive teams and their loss was more of a fluke then it was related to them not having a good offense.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #528
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
so let me understand this, Virginia who I believe was the number 1 overall seed The ACC champion got the pants beat off them by a team who was one of the last to make the field and that wasn't a choke job? Now I will never argue that we didn't give the game to Nevada away but Virginia losing was every bit as historic as our loss.
However you want to slice it bruh... they were losing the whole game...yes by seeding they choked... but UVA didn't lose a 22point lead.... yes the CATS offense and IQ was the problem... up 22 every shot should of been a layup or FT... not 3's and standing on the line 2's.
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #529
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez1414 View Post
However you want to slice it bruh... they were losing the whole game...yes by seeding they choked... but UVA didn't lose a 22point lead.... yes the CATS offense and IQ was the problem... up 22 every shot should of been a layup or FT... not 3's and standing on the line 2's.
I have no problem shooting 3s in basically any situation as long as it's someone who can hit them and it's a good look. Any made 3 down the stretch of that game could've been a dagger. Off the top of my head I don't really remember any that we shot though. Did Clark shoot one? I know Cumberland and Evans both took long 2s off the dribble.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #530
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I have no problem shooting 3s in basically any situation as long as it's someone who can hit them and it's a good look. Any made 3 down the stretch of that game could've been a dagger. Off the top of my head I don't really remember any that we shot though. Did Clark shoot one? I know Cumberland and Evans both took long 2s off the dribble.
Not sure anymore honestly..i try to block that collapse out of my memory.. up 22 chuck away get it to 30 but when that lead got down to 12 the gameplan needed changing and they definitely didn't need their coach going haywire during it.. I do remember tho with some 3's mixed in they got that lead taking it to the hoop. Overall look I'm not jumping ship and never will but the offense needs tweaked and I think they can recruit better than they do. All of CATS producers were ranked and 4🌟 and up. ( I believe Cumberland was a 5 for a hot second).. him Clark Wash and Evans all 4's...
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote