Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2019, 05:00 PM   #121
Goldpanner

Goldpanner is on a distinguished road
Fans have been wanting better recruiting. Fans have been wanting more offense. Fans have been wanting to go further in the tournament. But now fans don’t want change. Makes a lot of sense
Goldpanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #122
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldpanner View Post
Fans have been wanting better recruiting. Fans have been wanting more offense. Fans have been wanting to go further in the tournament. But now fans don’t want change. Makes a lot of sense
Perfect way to put it. People want the change to be as smooth as possible. Doesn’t work like that.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:23 PM   #123
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Maw is cool. Don't knw nothing about brannen or his recuriting bc to this point he hasn't done anything. And it's not like he's young. We'll see what gabe looks like when he gets here but based off what was brought I'm not holding my breath
To this point he hasn’t done anything recruiting wise.. dude he hasn’t even been here a year, he’s got a top 100 guy in Harvey, Gabe looks very much the part and he’s the kind of guy who will only get better. Now Eason, not shabby for a turnover.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #124
Goldpanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
To this point he hasn’t done anything recruiting wise.. dude he hasn’t even been here a year, he’s got a top 100 guy in Harvey, Gabe looks very much the part and he’s the kind of guy who will only get better. Now Eason, not shabby for a turnover.
He’s got 2 slots left also.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #125
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
We'll see what they look like when they get here. Rankings are overrated which is why I would never really trip off of them because it's about who's fitting the system. Rankings are for casual fans the most part. But we'll see what they look like and how they are coached when they get here
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #126
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Perfect way to put it. People want the change to be as smooth as possible. Doesn’t work like that.
Very aware of the process just like I'm very aware of who will make stuff work and who won't but, some have to wait n see to find out
Old 12-23-2019, 06:02 PM   #127
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
You also don’t seem to have a point. Is your point Brannen is terrible. If so, noted. Also, like many have asked, what’s the solution. Who should we have hired?
Dude don't try to troll me like I'm not making sense. Get your head out your ass, rub your eye leads breath read and open your mind maybe then what I'm saying will begin to manifest for you. Like I've said plenty times u hire who's qualified and whoever has earned the title of UC Headcoach. Mike Bohn gift wrapped this for yo boy and then left. Ta... U gotta be kidding me
Old 12-23-2019, 06:20 PM   #128
Goldpanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Dude don't try to troll me like I'm not making sense. Get your head out your ass, rub your eye leads breath read and open your mind maybe then what I'm saying will begin to manifest for you. Like I've said plenty times u hire who's qualified and whoever has earned the title of UC Headcoach. Mike Bohn gift wrapped this for yo boy and then left. Ta... U gotta be kidding me
In all honestly. Uc is NOT going to be able to hire a proven coach as you put it. The market is too small. The pay is less than your larger schools and conferences. We have always hired up and coming coaches from lower conferences and lower programs. We are not a blue blood program. Brannen is an up and coming coach that has a nice resume, so he was a good hire in my eyes. Assistant for years at a major conference for years. Take a division 2 school to division 1 and win the conference and get ncaa ticket. I don’t see why you don’t think he is not a viable coach?
Old 12-23-2019, 06:25 PM   #129
Goldpanner

The other candidate was van excel. I loved him and yes I was a fan back when he was here. But lack of college coaching experience worried me. I would rather have Brannen than him, even though I thought he was awsome
Old 12-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #130
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
You clearly weren't a real runner or sports player of any kind if you think having even a minor injury doesn't play a big role in how you perform. Or if you think not having proper conditioning doesn't play a big role in how you perform.
I see you like to out words in ppls mouth where and when did I suggest anything you are saying here?