Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > More Bearcat Sports > Other Bearcat Sports

Old 12-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Volleyball team

At halftime of the men's hoop game tonite, the HC Reed Sunahara was on talking about the at large entry into the tourney. At 25-10 (12-2), UC was one of 33 teams to make the field. On Sat, Dec 5th, they will face the winner of Lipscomb/California.
Good luck to the Lady Bearcats!
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
They'll have to get by OSU first. UC plays OSU Friday, Dec. 4...then if they win that game they will play the winner of Lipscomb/Cal. UC was one of 33 at-large selections to the tournament.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Damn, I missed that. My bad. I heard they were travelling to Columbus, and I thought the tourney game was up there. Ooops.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

GoBEARCATS_com GoBEARCATS.com: W. Volleyball. Volleyball Update from Brazil: Day 8: The University of Cincinnati volleyball team ... http://bit.ly/detgH0
about 1 hour ago via twitterfeed
Old 09-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
vielhaber

vielhaber is on a distinguished road
2010 Update

Cincinnati's Volleyball team completed a sweep of their annual Bearcat Invitational this weekend. The team beat Kent State, James Madison and Murray State in straight sets, and quite easily too. Stephanie Niemer, Annie Fesl and Missy Harpenau were named to the all tournament team as well, with Harpenau taking home tournament MVP honors.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/w-v...090410aab.html

After the weekend tournament, Missy Harpenau was also named Big East Volleyball Player of the Week. It was the first time she won the honor, but with her being only a junior, she'll probably stand to win a few more before the end of her career.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/w-v...090610aaa.html

And yesterday, UC took on #16 Kentucky at 5/3 Arena and won it in five-sets taking the fifth 15-13.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/w-v...090710aaa.html

These wins set the Bearcats to 7-1 on the year, poising them to possibly secure a top 25 ranking. The Bearcats have also won 32 straight home games which is the second-longest streak in the nation behind Penn State, but they've won the National Championship the past two years and hardly ever lose a set let alone a game.

It's about time that the volleyball team got some love on this board. I'm a UC student and I go to all of the games and they're a really great team. They're picked to win the Big East this year and should do better than last year's opening round loss in the NCAA tourny.
vielhaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
There's plenty of room for love of Bearcats volleyball in this corner of the interwebz.

Looks like their next home game won't be until 9/24 when they open Big East play against Seton Hall. With any luck the team will be focused and firing on all cylinders after beating Illinois -- the #3 team in the nation -- on 9/17. Go Bearcats!
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
Denae84

Denae84 is on a distinguished road
I like this game.I want to play this game regularly.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:59 AM   #8
charlesbabage

charlesbabage is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the sharing i like your comment that They're picked to win the Big East this year and should do better than last year's opening round loss in the NCAA tourney.