Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBearcat View Post
If he could get them then, without a beautiful new gym to showcase, and the highest rated team under his coaching, i just don't see why he's not landing at least a Tevian Jones or someone in that range???
Maybe his rankings don't match 247's?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #22
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If he could get them then, without a beautiful new gym to showcase, and the highest rated team under his coaching, i just don't see why he's not landing at least a Tevian Jones or someone in that range???
here is a thought on Tevian Jones. He is a wing. He will be competing for playing time with Cumberland, Williams and Moore. That list could also include Evans if he does not declare for the draft. He may be looking for a better opportunity that involves a easier path to see the court his freshman year.

Enjoy this year. It is shaping up to be a very good one . Lets not drag this season into the mud by speculating on how bad our recruiting is at this point. Mick's results deserve the benefit of the doubt. Just My humble opinion.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #23
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

What were Moore and Nsoseme ranked? Where would you put them if you re-ranked moving forward over the next 3 years? This just happened last year and it's worked out beautifully. And even better than the guys with a better ranking by their name from the sites. You're insane if you don't trust our coaches at this point...at least let the kid show up and have a chance. I mean what could any of you really know about him? Calling his recruitment pathetic? God I hope you have to eat your words so bad.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #24
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Did you not see the part where I said our 3 best current players were all TOP 100 recruits out of High School???
Evans was not top 100 prospect
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #25
MacBearcat
Banned

MacBearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
here is a thought on Tevian Jones. He is a wing. He will be competing for playing time with Cumberland, Williams and Moore. That list could also include Evans if he does not declare for the draft. He may be looking for a better opportunity that involves a easier path to see the court his freshman year.

Enjoy this year. It is shaping up to be a very good one . Lets not drag this season into the mud by speculating on how bad our recruiting is at this point. Mick's results deserve the benefit of the doubt. Just My humble opinion.
I agree with that. I am enjoying a great season. I hope we at least make it to the 2nd weekend and more! I'm just always looking to next year as well, and I'm a little worried with what we may have next year.
MacBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I agree with that. I am enjoying a great season. I hope we at least make it to the 2nd weekend and more! I'm just always looking to next year as well, and I'm a little worried with what we may have next year.
We might not be Top 10 (depending largely on Evans) but we'll be fine.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #27
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We are going to lose 2 seniors and maybe our best player in jacob. If you aren't Duke or UK, losing that amount of production is going to hurt. no getting around that.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #28
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Evans was not top 100 prospect
are you sure? If not he was right around 100, depending what site of course
Old 02-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Point is for me, I made this mistake with Nsoseme. He didn't even have a recruiting page. It's not like our coaches never miss, but they've earned my trust to the point where I'll withhold any skepticism until I see a kid play in a UC uniform.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #30
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Point is for me, I made this mistake with Nsoseme. He didn't even have a recruiting page. It's not like our coaches never miss, but they've earned my trust to the point where I'll withhold any skepticism until I see a kid play in a UC uniform.
I agree to some extent, but is hard to without at least a couple highly rated guys. Clark, washington, jarron, Jacob, were all around top 100ish guys. you do need some of them.