Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 OH QB Cardale Jones (Offer)

Pro-style Quarterback
Cleveland, OH (Glenville Academic Campus)

Ht:6'5"
Wt:217 lbs
40:4.93
Vertical:29
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, WV, Michigan, MSU, Illinois, Iowa.

Interest from OSU, PSU, Pitt.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

CARDALE JONES FILE
Glenville junior quarterback
Stats: 6-4, 215 pounds; runs the 40 in 4.6
Notable: Also a forward on Glenville’s basketball team and plans to run track in the spring.
Regular-season statistics: 99 of 146 for 1,568 yards, 16 touchdowns and three interceptions; 56 carries for 264 yards and six touchdowns.
Future plans: Has a scholarship offer from Bowling Green.
— Bill Lubinger

WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
• Glenville coach Ted Ginn Sr.: “Talent-wise, I haven’t seen anybody [at Glenville] throw the ball like that since Troy Smith and Terry Jones in the ’70s.”
• Glenville teammate Christian Bryant: “We all feed off of his energy. He shows up for big games.”
• QB coach Scott Niedzwiecki, who coached Troy Smith at St. Edward as a sophomore and junior: “He’s as physically talented as anyone that I’ve coached, including Troy Smith. ... I’d say Car’s ahead of him at that age. Obviously, Troy went on to work hard and do some incredible things, but Car’s got that ability for sure.”
• Solon coach Jim McQuaide: “He’s able to hit [receivers] in stride, which isn’t very easy to do. He throws it short and lets them run, and he throws it long and lets them run under it.”
• Jones on lessons taught by former Tarblooders QB Terrance Owens: “I just learned how to be patient, how to have a presence in the pocket and [how] if you don’t think a play is going to work, change it up and believe in your teammates.”

http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/bl...e_quarter.html
Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Glenville's Cardale Jones -- all legs, monster right arm and embracing smile -- has been one of the tallest players on the football field since Muny League.

But behind the luxury of a colossal offensive line, and with such targets as Latwan Anderson and Shane Wynn playing at hyper-speed, the 6-4 junior quarterback's development has been overshadowed.

Jones, a 17-year-old who has grown this season in ways that yardsticks don't measure, directs what may be one of the most potent high school offenses Northeast Ohio has ever produced.

His three first-half touchdown passes against previously unbeaten Solon last week has the Tarblooders (12-1) in the Division I state semifinals for the second time in school history as they play Massillon (10-3) on Saturday night at the University of Akron's InfoCision Stadium.

"He's a good leader," said Christian Bryant, Glenville's senior receiver, defensive back, kicker and punter. "He just stepped up and accepted the role of what a real quarterback is supposed to be."

With his size, Jones was a terrific Muny League defensive end. But Glenville offensive coordinator Tony Overton, who also coaches the freshman and junior varsity teams, recognized how field-smart Jones was. It was as if, through all that messing around, Jones was actually studying the game.

"He would just know things and how to change things and where to go with the ball," said Overton, who has known Jones and many of his Glenville teammates since they were babies.

As a ninth-grader, Jones quarterbacked the JV team because there was no freshman squad then and he led Glenville to a city championship. As a sophomore, Jones quarterbacked the JV team to its first undefeated season. It was a game late that season that Overton detected a change in Jones.

Shaw's varsity team had a bye that week, so the JV started several juniors to give them playing time. The schools are rivals anyway, but that -- and a big crowd for a JV game -- added some spice. On the game's opening series, Shaw drove the field and scored. Jones remembers realizing it was up to him to stay calm and make sure his teammates did as well to avoid making stupid mistakes. Glenville won, 35-14.

"He played that game," Overton said, "like it was a state championship."

Heading into this season, Glenville's coaches knew Bryant could quarterback the team to big things, but they preferred he focus on the position he'll play in college. They also saw Jones mature some in the past two years and put the team in his hands.

In Jones' first varsity game, on his first play as quarterback in the black, white and red of the powerful Tarblooders football program, Jones had just handed the ball off when St. Ignatius linebacker Jake Ryan uprooted him like a tree trunk and body-slammed him to the turf.

"It basically told me that this is varsity, this is real, [that] I'm playing with grown men," said Jones, who was rattled on the play but didn't tell his coaches until halftime.

http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/bl...e_quarter.html
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Hosting multiple junior days in the winter allows Michigan to cater to the schedules of more prospects and ultimately gets more recruits on campus. One prospect who could not make either of Michigan?s previous two junior days but will be in attendance on Saturday is Cleveland (Ohio) Glenville quarterback Cardale Jones (6-5, 217 pounds), who received a Michigan offer last month.

"I plan to go to the Night of Champions because I had gotten that (invitation) in the mail a couple days ago and it really interested me,? Jones said. ?I will be looking forward to meeting the coaches. It's hard to find out the coaches' backgrounds, their interest in you, how you get along with them and the chemistry with a coach through the Internet."

Other prospects who said they would attend the Night of Champions include Plymouth defensive end Brennen Beyer, Inkster running back Da?shawn Bell, Cleveland Kennedy offensive lineman Chris Carter, Kankakee (Ill.) Bishop McNamara offensive lineman Matt Frazier and Maple Heights, Ohio, wide receiver Shaquille Washington.

Prospects to attend U-M event | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

http://scoutingohio.com/index.php/vi...name=C.Jones10
Old 04-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

6-5, 220 pound Quarterback Cardale Jones has some interest in Michigan after he visited last week and attended some of the team practices. Jones says “It raised my interest level in them and I can see myself there,” Jones said after the the visit. “It really was a good vibe, especially with their quarterback situation right now. I watched film and watched their whole practice, and they run the same offense we run here at Glenville, so it would be an easy transition.” He has received offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan St, and West Virginia.

http://www.mgobluefootball.com/2010/...ruit/#more-993
Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Visiting OSU for their spring game.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:41 AM   #9
swg
Epic Member

He's open but likes UC, OSU, Pitt, Mich, & Iowa.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Had a good showing at the camp at OSU this weekend. Not as solid as Coyne or Stoudt, but showed accuracy and poise.