Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 PA RB Jameel Poteat (UC Verbal 12/22/10)

Running Back
Harrisburg, PA (Bishop McDevitt)

Ht:5'11"
Wt:195 lbs
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, Florida, Pitt, PSU, USC, WV, Tenn among others.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Jameel Poteat is a 6 ft., 195 lb. Running Back from Bishop McDevitt H.S. in Harrisburg, PA. Poteat is a big-time talent who tallied 1,308 rushing yards, 373 receiving yards, and 17 total touchdowns during his sophomore campaign for the Crusaders this past year. It's worth noting that Poteat shared considerable time with the speedy and talented Aaron Marks who will be lost to graduation. Obviously, the secret is out on Poteat, as he has already been offered by Pitt. There is no question that more offers will follow.

Poteat worked hard in the offseason between his freshman and sophomore seasons. From a physical standpoint, he got bigger and stronger. Poteat is a great runner in between the tackles and is able to get outside with his quickness. He also shows his strength while running and is not easily brought down by tacklers. He's also a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield, which is most noticeable when McDevitt runs their screen plays. He is a home-run hitter and the scary thing is that he has two full seasons left to get even better.

Unless something happens, Poteat should have the backfield all to himself in the upcoming season. He will continue to build upon his legacy and add to the legacy of great running backs that have graced Bishop McDevitt H.S. in the past several years.

http://blog.pennlive.com/joecleezy/2...otball_ja.html
Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Written by: Josh Funk on Sunday, January 10th, 2010
For the second consecutive recruiting class, Pennsylvania will feature a notable recruit among its running backs.

Last season, Cardinal O’Hara’s Corey Brown, a multi-purpose athlete who committed to Ohio State, easily stole the title of top Keystone State running back prospect. Now, Bishop McDevitt’s senior-to-be Jameel Poteat will more than likely own that title.

According to his profile on Rivals.com, Poteat has 13 Division-1 offers to his credit and nine other schools that have shown interest to date. Conventional thinking, however, would lead you to believe that there are more than 22 schools that have Poteat on their radars

Rivals lists offers from Akron, Boston College, Connecticut, Duke, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee, and West Virginia.

Schools that include Florida, Florida State, Miami, Oregon, and Southern California have shown interest but not yet extended an offer to the 5’11, 195-pound athlete.

http://www.easternpafootball.com/new...13-d-1-offers/

Poteat helped McDevitt reach the District 3 “AAAA” championship game last season, running for 1,664 yards and 24 touchdowns. He added 25 receptions for 252 yards and four additional scores. Poteat averaged 147 all-purpose yards per game in 2009.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index....-maiden-voyage

Quote:
Why no offer for Poteat?

ESPNU 150 Watch List running back Jameel Poteat (Harrisburg, Pa./Bishop McDevitt) has at least 23 scholarship offers. His list includes USC, Florida, Pitt, Washington, Iowa, Illinois, Rutgers, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, Boston College, Northwestern and Duke, among others.

Poteat’s list does not include Penn State.

According to one source, the reason is a strained relationship between Penn State and Bishop McDevitt dating back to when running back LeSean McCoy was at the Harrisburg private school.

The Nittany Lions offered a scholarship to McCoy, but he signed with Pitt. Since that time, the source said, the relationship between Penn State’s staff and the McDevitt program has been strained. And even though Penn State assistant Larry Johnson told Poteat he is high on him, the star running back doesn’t understand why he has not been offered by Penn State - unless it is because of that strained relationship and the running back's friendship with McCoy.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index....n-state-limbo?

Quote:
Penn State target Jameel Poteat boasts about 37 offers — so where does he stand with the Nittany Lions?

"Oh wow, I don't know. The question is, 'Where do I stand with them?' " said the tailback out of Harrisburg (Pa.) Bishop McDevitt. "It's like our relationship is kind of weird. I mean, I don't have a problem with the program, but I feel like right now that I'm kind of getting overlooked.

"... One minute they say they like me a lot, and then I won't hear from them."

Poteat said assistant coach Larry Johnson stopped by earlier this year, but the tailback hasn't routinely been in contact with the Lions. He'll speak with other coaches through e-mail and Facebook — at least 10 coaches a week, he said — but not with Penn State.

The 5-foot-10, 200-pound prospect said he's not sure why the Lions haven't yet offered him. Maybe, he wondered aloud, it's because of Penn State's experiences with former Bishop McDevitt tailback LeSean McCoy.

"I think they will still offer me," Poteat added. "If they don't, I've got 30 or 40 other ones."

When told it appeared he was behind Savon Huggins, a running back out of Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter's, on the Lions' recruiting board, Poteat seemed surprised.

"The way it's going is really crazy because Rutgers said I'm No. 1 and Savon is behind me, and same with Pitt," he added.

The ESPNU 150 Watch List prospect said he's not going to form a top-5 until at least July, so Penn State still has time to play catch-up. He's visited only three colleges so far — Rutgers, Pitt, Penn State — and he plans on visiting about 23 schools during the spring and summer.

Some he wants to stop by include USC, Florida, Rutgers, Pitt, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington and Cincinnati.

"I'm not heartbroken about it," he said about not yet getting an offer from the Lions, "it's a business."
Old 04-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

FWIW...WV message board..

I work with one of his good friends in Harrisburg. Says right now he likes Rutgers and Ohio State the most. Rutgers because he thinks he might be able to go right in and play right away and its close to home. Hasnt been offered by Ohio State yet but they interest and he is really excited about that opportunity. Says he likes PSU but mostly because he likes going up their to party and that he wont go there because of it though.

http://www.wemustignitethiscouch.com...15342&forum=14
Old 04-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Notes: I don't know a ton about Poteat, but he has a huge offer list and some very solid measurables. He sounds like a rather physical guy with an overall solid set of skills. Farrell called him "excellent in space", and his HS is very PSU un-friendly. Maryland might have a shot here, and he'd obviously be a ridiculous get.

http://www.testudotimes.com/pages/20...iting-database
Old 04-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

RB Jameel Poteat (5-11 205) of Harrisburg, PA has over 30 offers including USC, Miami, Tennessee, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Florida, Illinois, Penn State, and Texas. He expects an offer from Clemson as well. He plans to visit Southern Cal and Florida but is unsure of other visits right now. His two junior day visits were to Pitt and Rutgers. As a junior, Poteat rushed for 1769 yards and 29 touchdowns.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...-spring-games/
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Four-star running back Jameel Poteat of Bishop McDevitt (Pa.) made an unofficial visit to Rutgers late last week, and after a hectic few days he took some time to discuss what transpired, and whether he still has the Scarlet Knights high on his list. He also had a lengthy meeting with coach Greg Schiano.

http://rutgers.scout.com/a.z?s=183&p...%2f963641.html