Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
After seeing his stats and watching his film... what's the catch? Why in the hell isn't this kid getting a dozen offers from BCS schools? And don't feed me that, "he's too small" bull...
No catch. He was Mr. Ohio this year for football. UC just pulled in the player voted the best in the state. Excellent pick up.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
No catch. He was Mr. Ohio this year for football. UC just pulled in the player voted the best in the state. Excellent pick up.
This is more of my point. He's rated a two star by Rivals. WHY?! On film and by his stat line he should be a strong 3-star borderline 4-star player.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
This is more of my point. He's rated a two star by Rivals. WHY?! On film and by his stat line he should be a strong 3-star borderline 4-star player.
I forget the exact number but I think he ran for nearly 2,700 yards this year and had something like 14 TDs. Forgive me if those numbers are wrong. I don't feel like looking them up right now.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
HattoriHanzo

HattoriHanzo is on a distinguished road
Fellas, the kid is an absolute beast. He had a 5 minute span against Cardinal Mooney that was mind bogglingly good, on both sides of the ball. Extremely smart, articulate, and VERY, VERY physical on whatever side of the ball he plays. I'd say he would be a dynamic running back in the spread system because he can play a little slot as well.

I'm thrilled about this pickup. Young man is just a player, pure and simple. Check out his performance against STVM (and 5 star Doran Grant) in the video link. I think the video is in 4 or five different parts once you get to the website.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/l...blockID=342604
HattoriHanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
thebeast

thebeast is on a distinguished road
Barry Sanders
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #16
DMoney1080

DMoney1080 is on a distinguished road
Reminds me of Mardy Gilyard running those kicks back. WOW!
DMoney1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
SWiltfong247 Steve Wiltfong
PSU making a run at Cincinnati commit RB Akise Teague http://t.co/d2gHM6n via @247sportsdotcom
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #18
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Akise Teague
January 18, 2011, 6:08 pm - Receives an offer from Penn State
URSULINE HIGH SCHOOL - Class of 2011
Old 01-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #19
JasonS
Football Moderator

This reminds me a bit of basketball. Mick gets in on kids early and then loses out in the end when a bigger school finally figures out the kid is a good player. I hope this isn't the trend now with the football program. The coaches have done a great job identifying talent and verbally closing with players. I hope this kid sticks to his guns and stays a Bearcat.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
swg
Epic Member

Time for BJ to use some frequent flyer miles.