Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #1681
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I think Hardnett will turn in to a good player in a couple years but if you can get a top 50 player, you have to do it. It’s a trade every coach in America does. Of course anything can happen, but With a ranking that high, it’s reasonable to expect a Jarron/ Jacob type player. Have to get them if you can.

Also, are we still getting Harvey? What’s going on there?

Last edited by cincyguy13; 06-19-2019 at 07:27 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #1682
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Videos on internet winning state in one of best basketball regions in world. Kid can play ball just too little right now. We haven't had guy with his size or skills in decade or more.
We haven't had a player with his size or skill in a decade? I assume you meant his size AND skill, but either way you are completely out of your mind. I would have liked to have seen him develop but here was a reason he wasn't a big time recruit and why he redshirted.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:50 PM   #1683
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
I truly believe a walk-on could transfer and some would think they had lost the last piece needed for a national title. This appears to be a move agreed on by both sides and probably initiated by CJB. He deserves to fill out a roster with the players he wants and feels fit his system.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:37 AM   #1684
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Apparently you know better than everyone else who has actually seen these two play.
Dude do u just look to argue just to argue? I was the 1ST to see this coming mile away. We all don't know or see same shit or we wouldn't have nothing live for. Coach has spoke on 1 player and 1 player only if im not mistaken. This a opinionated based site not facts. We all go see and have different views. Relax my friend.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:42 AM   #1685
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
We haven't had a player with his size or skill in a decade? I assume you meant his size AND skill, but either way you are completely out of your mind. I would have liked to have seen him develop but here was a reason he wasn't a big time recruit and why he redshirted.
Name one. Shaq thomas was our last wing over 6'6! You know so much name just one player in cronin era with his size and skill set. I said from beginning when he 1st signed either he had bad grades or didn't have funds for travel ball. Dmv is one of top 5 regions for basketball. Poor man demarr Johnson
Old 06-20-2019, 05:44 AM   #1686
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Week ago when 1st said it was STRANGE we haven't heard nothing about moore getting better and that i think he should move on, the masses said it would be diaster for program if happened. Now yall cool with it?
Old 06-20-2019, 05:57 AM   #1687
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Name one. Shaq thomas was our last wing over 6'6! You know so much name just one player in cronin era with his size and skill set. I said from beginning when he 1st signed either he had bad grades or didn't have funds for travel ball. Dmv is one of top 5 regions for basketball. Poor man demarr Johnson
I’ll give you, the kid might be decent, but a poor man demarr Johnson is dumb. Unless it’s really poor. Demarr was a top 10 pick as a freshman. Hardnett might have a career like tre Scott. Slow down a bit.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #1688
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
His skill set is he can dribble well for a tall guy. That's not enough obviously.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #1689
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Week ago when 1st said it was STRANGE we haven't heard nothing about moore getting better and that i think he should move on, the masses said it would be diaster for program if happened. Now yall cool with it?
The talk on Moore from his teammates ever since he got here was he was the best shooter we had in practice. He doesn't need to get better at it...he just needs to do that in games. The hope was a new coach could get him more comfortable in game situations. If he's not at 37.5% plus from 3 this year...he is not going to be worth a lot. It's really his only weapon but it's one Brannen can use if he can get it working.

it wouldn't have bothered me much if Moore wanted to transfer though. Especially now that we have Jaevin and even more if we get Harvey.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:35 AM   #1690
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have any real knowledge of where Toyambi is in his development? He could be such an important piece to this team, but I don't have any kind of handle on what his skill set is, how much he has worked on his game during his redshirt year. Can he be a 10-15 minute kind of player? More? Less?
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote