Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-18-2021, 12:17 PM   #191
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
you are a moron. Im not the only one here who thinks so. But just so we are clear here. You are complaining about the first class Wes signs while bitching at the current state of the program, but you have to go back to 2009 to find a mcdonalds all american(who noone wanted btw) and then all the way back to Huggs years?

So I sure hope you complained all 12 of the 13 years mick was a coach here since he only had 1 mcdonalds all american that noone else would sign.
Someone brought up McDAA's and thought we had only 1 in our history. I simply corrected him with the list that I knew of.

I even followed it up by saying I don't expect McDAA's (at least not right now). That was not at all some point I was ever trying to make. And anyone framing my arguments as such must be desperate to make me appear irrational.

Really not sure how I can make this any more simple. Expecting better pulls from the transfer portal, and being opposed to taking on 4 UNCG players does not equate to demanding 5 star recruits.

I don't really care what anyone thinks, and especially not you. I've forgotten more about UC basketball than you'll ever know. You offer absolutely nothing to the board. Not a single thing.
Old 05-18-2021, 12:43 PM   #192
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
None of Huggins teams never didn’t have 2-3 local stars on team
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:45 PM   #193
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Bro will you ALWAYS stop having excuses or arguments? None of schools you listed besides Huggins/Martin been getting locals. If you have 2-3 local scholarship guys then add 2 local walk ons that’s your 5-6 local guys. Huggins ALWAYS had cincy/Cleveland guys on roster
So now we are talking walk-ons? Pretty much all of are walk-ons have been from Ohio since the beginning of time. 2 local scholarship guys is more realistic. I don't have excuses you are just so unrealistic and it like we should be recruiting like its a video game. As far as having arguments, you post something silly and I have an opinion, I am going to reply, that's what a forum is. Go look at the teams I mentioned, all those schools absolutely get Ohio guys, as far as "locals" we have missed out out on? Who are you talking about?

Logan Duncomb? - Indiana
Miles Mcbride?- WVU
Darius Bazley?- Went Pro
Jaxson Hayes? Texas
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:33 PM   #194
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
So now we are talking walk-ons? Pretty much all of are walk-ons have been from Ohio since the beginning of time. 2 local scholarship guys is more realistic. I don't have excuses you are just so unrealistic and it like we should be recruiting like its a video game. As far as having arguments, you post something silly and I have an opinion, I am going to reply, that's what a forum is. Go look at the teams I mentioned, all those schools absolutely get Ohio guys, as far as "locals" we have missed out out on? Who are you talking about?

Logan Duncomb? - Indiana
Miles Mcbride?- WVU
Darius Bazley?- Went Pro
Jaxson Hayes? Texas
Bro we just had a local kid that went unc ashville score 20+ plus in championship game. It’s tons of local talent get off chad high horse and look into things for your self.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:39 PM   #195
TheRealMick
Elite Member

And as far as walk on situation Brannen gave foreign guy walk on spot. Walk on only going to guys within 50 miles of school
Old 05-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #196
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Someone brought up McDAA's and thought we had only 1 in our history. I simply corrected him with the list that I knew of.

I even followed it up by saying I don't expect McDAA's (at least not right now). That was not at all some point I was ever trying to make. And anyone framing my arguments as such must be desperate to make me appear irrational.

Really not sure how I can make this any more simple. Expecting better pulls from the transfer portal, and being opposed to taking on 4 UNCG players does not equate to demanding 5 star recruits.

I don't really care what anyone thinks, and especially not you. I've forgotten more about UC basketball than you'll ever know. You offer absolutely nothing to the board. Not a single thing.
going by your idiotic comments. Yes, you have forgotten alot, but im not sure you knew anything to begin with.
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:19 PM   #197
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Danny Fortson
Damon Flint
Dontonio Wingfield
Keith Legree (Transfer)
Demarr Johnson
Kenny Satterfield
James White (Transfer)
Lance Born Ready Stephenson

This is just off the top of my head but I'm 99% positive these guys were all McDAA's. Not sure if I missed any.

Fwiw, I didn't really expect McDAA's but would have preferred at least 1 or 2 top 75 guys in the portal.

PS You might want to check with itsamemario. I'm just a moron so this list could be all jackd up. I'm sure he knows a lot more than me.
Roger McClendon, Tony Yates' recruit.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:47 PM   #198
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
2 assists, 4 rebounds, and 72% FT are about average for a wing. 30% from three is bad. In general he was a below average offensive player in the ACC, which probably makes him average to above average in the AAC. Nobody has really said anything different. You continue to ignore defense, which is where he is most valuable. Same with Ado and Koval.
Defense is probably why Evan Miya had us as one of 5 teams to pull 3 top 100 players out of the portal. Actually 3 from top 80. For reference Eason was 79.

Also interesting Ody was in the 300s not too far from Vogt and Nysier. Also McGinnis was in the 300s.

Could not find Hensley.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #199
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Defense is probably why Evan Miya had us as one of 5 teams to pull 3 top 100 players out of the portal. Actually 3 from top 80. For reference Eason was 79.

Also interesting Ody was in the 300s not too far from Vogt and Nysier. Also McGinnis was in the 300s.

Could not find Hensley.
Not to mention Saunders and Madsen. Not sure they were listed since they came back.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:43 AM   #200
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Not to mention Saunders and Madsen. Not sure they were listed since they came back.
Mason would be 167 on the list. Saunders would be 365. If Davenport were a transfer he would have been 221 on the list, MAW would be 153.

So we brought in 28, 60, and 80 when our best returning player would have been 153.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote