Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-27-2019, 10:42 AM   #1
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Who wants to be a moderator?

I opted out this year. Justin obviously doesn't want to do it. Jacob Doyle is MIA. and I am not sure if JasonS is still active (moderating).

In general it takes 3 level headed mods to vote on reported posts so you can have a majority. For 2-3 years it was Jacob, myself and Jason...and we cleaned house of the worst trolls but normally only when their posts were reported. It worked well because nobody had an axe to grind against someone else and all were reasonable mods. Most of the time we had unanimous decisions but sometimes it would be a vote 2 against 1 so there was a tie breaker.

Put your name in the hat if you would like to do it. We will figure out a good way to select the most level headed of the bunch.

If we can't get 3 active mods I am not sure it will work very well. We also need people to start using the report function again. Nothing works unless you use the report function which has a button on any post.

It's already getting ugly after 6 games and if we don't play well this year this board will get to a disturbing level of annoying
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
I'd be willing.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:06 PM   #3
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
I'd be willing.
I’ll pass your name along. Thanks
Old 11-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Is TheRalph available?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
pwadm
Administrator

pwadm is on a distinguished road
This is the current list of Moderators:

adrock
Bearcat Rob
justinhub2003
waterhead

I will remove jacobdoyle and JasonS as they are not active anymore.

You can also nominate someone if you think they would make a good moderator. We need someone impartial with good knowledge of the forum.
pwadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadm View Post

adrock
Bearcat Rob
justinhub2003
waterhead

You can also nominate someone if you think they would make a good moderator. We need someone impartial with good knowledge of the forum.
Doubt he has the time, but I'll nominate sedziob
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:38 PM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadm View Post

adrock
Bearcat Rob
justinhub2003
waterhead

Jhub doesn’t want to be one. I opted out this year. I have never seen the other two on this list vote. So I would opt for 3 new moderators who can vote impartial and understand the rules and have no axe to grind and can divorce themselves from their own opinions.

I could nominate a few but I don’t know they want to be moderating. Sedziobs, cincyrulz11, skyblade, etc are a few who seem very reasonable and have objective posts. There are a few others
Old 12-01-2019, 08:52 PM   #8
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't mind moderating most of the time. There may be some rare periods of up to a couple weeks where I basically don't access the internet at all.

Outside of simply enforcing the rules, my main wish would be to keep threads on topic. The site can be a valuable resource for lurkers who want to read some discussion about the Bearcats or learn about recruiting, bracketology, opponents, stats, players, etc. No one who visits wants to read arguments about who is a worse fan of the team or accusations that someone might be related to Mick Cronin based on their posts. A general guideline - if a lurker would not benefit from reading it, it's probably not worth posting.

I think game threads and one or two open threads should be basically fair game for anything that doesn't break the forum rules. Other threads, like Bracketology, Around the AAC, Former Bearcats, etc. should be limited to posts that are useful and the occasional humorous or anecdotal diversion. Posts that are useless bickering would be moved to an open thread rather than be deleted.

That's my philosophy, but I'm also willing to ignore that and just vote on the rules as written.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #9
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
The legend would rule with a iron fist... Blocking everyone into oblivion, Essentially making the only opinions able to be posted... mine.

Everyone would be smarter because of this. The site would flourish.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:07 AM   #10
pwadm
Administrator

pwadm is on a distinguished road
Thank you sedziobs for stepping up. With the endorsement you received I upgraded your account. There are other names that show up in this thread, and we also have existing Mods that are not very active. Let's sort this out in the Mod section of the forum.
pwadm is offline   Reply With Quote