Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
'13 NC SG Allerik Freeman

After the departure of Ben Howland, the 4 star guard was granted his release. I don't know much about him or if we are a possibility for him, but it would be nice to add a four star guard to an already solid class.

Here is the ESPN link: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story...reeman-release
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Here is a YouTube video of him-http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qzSme57hYqY

He is a scorer who also displays very good ball handling abilities. Smooth stroke and was being recruited by all the big boys before committing to UCLA. Now, with most teams already filling all their scholarships, we could be in perfect position to land him. IMO, he would have an excellent chance to become the starting pg either this year or a year from now. Also, he could be SG when SK leaves and Caupain/Johnson/anyone else is ready to step up.

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 04-26-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
culverrd

culverrd is on a distinguished road
Would love to add him to what we have right now kid looks like he can do it all very smooth looks like he has a great stroke also very patient and great with the ball fake.
culverrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Here is a YouTube video of him-http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qzSme57hYqY

He is a scorer who also displays very good ball handling abilities. Smooth stroke and was being recruited by all the big boys before committing to UCLA. Now, with most teams already filling all their scholarships, we could be in perfect position to land him. IMO, he would have an excellent chance to become the starting pg either this year or a year from now. Also, he could be SG when SK leaves and Caupain/Johnson/anyone else is ready to step up.
Except UC is one of those teams filling all their scholarships. And if all the current incoming recruits are eligible there is just no way they can take another guard in this class...Now if Morman doesn't qualify and someone leaves they could probably fill the position with a guard.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Except UC is one of those teams filling all their scholarships. And if all the current incoming recruits are eligible there is just no way they can take another guard in this class...Now if Morman doesn't qualify and someone leaves they could probably fill the position with a guard.
the way i look at it is...If UC is still bringing players in to visit to play for this upcoming season (which they have been) then i would obviously like for them to bring in the best available player that wants to come here.

Mick obviously has a plan of what is going on or he wouldnt be continuing to bring in players for next year when we are already schollys over the limit
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Word on the street is that Eli Carter, Seagears, this Freeman guy, Djitte all want to be Bearcats so bad they're all paying their own way!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, they've found out from the NCAA that Cashmere Wright, Jaquon Parker and Mbodj all have another year of eligibility.

This team is going to be stacked!!!!!

I wish this was April 1st.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Guess anything is possible, but not holding my breath.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Me neither, but just throwing out another possibility. Would be nice to land the 15th best SG in the country.....
Old 06-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
Brendon77

Brendon77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I don't know, what happened for you.
Brendon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
CincyForLife6

CincyForLife6 is on a distinguished road
He signed with Baylor about a month ago...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...llerik-freeman
CincyForLife6 is offline   Reply With Quote