Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
culverrd

culverrd is on a distinguished road
Right on he makes all of them in the highlight tape haha sarcasm looks like a better shot then Rubles but def would welcome this kid with arms wide open! Def seems like he has gained some size and strength recently and looks like a totally different player in some of the newer videos. Like you said who knows the substance of him or Sidy coming if possible I say bring them both haha
culverrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
Right on he makes all of them in the highlight tape haha sarcasm looks like a better shot then Rubles but def would welcome this kid with arms wide open! Def seems like he has gained some size and strength recently and looks like a totally different player in some of the newer videos. Like you said who knows the substance of him or Sidy coming if possible I say bring them both haha
Anything is better than what we got, that's why I'd like to see these guys get a chance.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
What are you guys basing this on? I'm hoping more than 2 minutes of highlight tapes?
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
culverrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
What are you guys basing this on? I'm hoping more than 2 minutes of highlight tapes?
Your annoying take your negative crap somewhere else. You must really be depressed or hate life or something. Do you ever get excited about anything ever??? Let me guess if someone is outside the top 20 recruits in the nation they arent good enough. Go pick a fight somewhere else bro
Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #15
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
Your annoying take your negative crap somewhere else. You must really be depressed or hate life or something. Do you ever get excited about anything ever??? Let me guess if someone is outside the top 20 recruits in the nation they arent good enough. Go pick a fight somewhere else bro
Ha! I'll take that as a no. But thanks for your great insight on the type of player he is based on a :49 second video. Yes, I must hate life because I don't go posting how great or how bad a player is based on a short highlight clip.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
culverrd

He has offers from a ton of great basketball programs there are tons of video on the kid full games and highlight videos. Just bc I posted the most recent highlight video of him doesn't mean I haven't looked at a whole bunch of others. NOBODY said the kid was the best player in the world just that we would happily welcome him as a Bearcat. And 99% of everyone on this site have never seen any of these kids play so they go off of who is scouting them what people who are scouting them say height weight and athleticism and yes video to see potential.

And yes you seem to hate life bc every time you post on here its negative and or picking a fight with someone. So like I said take your negativity debbie downer attitude out of here. There are Bearcat fans on here that are excited about the future and trust the coaches about judging talent and seeing some stuff about the kid to get a little excited about him instead of straight of the bat being negative. Our coaches and a lot of other top program coaches all over the country are looking at him...pretty sure they aren't going to waste there time on someone with no talent or potential. I mean jesus the kid is 6'8" and can play inside out if that in general doesn't get you excited your crazy and maybe should just go root for Kentucky where all of your recruits are pegged as SUPERSTARS right off the bat by all the major analysts so you can "KNOW" they are great.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #17
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He is 6'8" and looks nothing like JaQuon or like MAC school material sorry not sure what you guys are watching but here is a video from a month ago.

http://youtu.be/TytfyMVBix4
His form on his shot is really bad, you can tell he is an inconsistent shooter, and thats what scouting reports have said about him. When he dribbles he looks out of control and for a guy that was said to be the point forward of his team, doesnt look like he has that great of handles. So I can definitely see this guy playing in the MAC OR a school like Rutgers, Seton Hall, Houston or Dayton.

There isnt much I can take from this video, you just showed a 49 second HIGHLIGHT clip. There is no way Ican watch the video you posted and have a good idea of what this kid can do. But after watching some other videos, I just dont see him here, thats really all im saying.

Now let me make myself clear. Im not knocking this guy one bit. I just dont really see him as a fit here. If we are going to add another recruit, and lose someone else on scholly, than I would kind of expect to land a player at our weakest position. The 5 spot

Last edited by coachpipe; 05-07-2013 at 06:50 AM.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #18
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
He has offers from a ton of great basketball programs there are tons of video on the kid full games and highlight videos. Just bc I posted the most recent highlight video of him doesn't mean I haven't looked at a whole bunch of others. NOBODY said the kid was the best player in the world just that we would happily welcome him as a Bearcat. And 99% of everyone on this site have never seen any of these kids play so they go off of who is scouting them what people who are scouting them say height weight and athleticism and yes video to see potential.

And yes you seem to hate life bc every time you post on here its negative and or picking a fight with someone. So like I said take your negativity debbie downer attitude out of here. There are Bearcat fans on here that are excited about the future and trust the coaches about judging talent and seeing some stuff about the kid to get a little excited about him instead of straight of the bat being negative. Our coaches and a lot of other top program coaches all over the country are looking at him...pretty sure they aren't going to waste there time on someone with no talent or potential. I mean jesus the kid is 6'8" and can play inside out if that in general doesn't get you excited your crazy and maybe should just go root for Kentucky where all of your recruits are pegged as SUPERSTARS right off the bat by all the major analysts so you can "KNOW" they are great.
Are you done crying yet?

I haven't said one thing good or bad about this kid...because all I've seen is a two minute clip. He could be a stud for all I know. I'm sure you have watched all the full videos and it's obvious from your other posts that your knowledge is supreme so enlighten us please...And I trust Mick's judgement as well but just because he is recruiting a kid doesn't mean he is good enough for UC. Mick and every other coach out there recruit tons of kids that aren't good enough just in case. Of course one would think you'd know this but your other posts prove that you really don't have a clue.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #19
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
His form on his shot is really bad, you can tell he is an inconsistent shooter, and thats what scouting reports have said about him. When he dribbles he looks out of control and for a guy that was said to be the point forward of his team, doesnt look like he has that great of handles. So I can definitely see this guy playing in the MAC OR a school like Rutgers, Seton Hall, Houston or Dayton.

There isnt much I can take from this video, you just showed a 49 second HIGHLIGHT clip. There is no way Ican watch the video you posted and have a good idea of what this kid can do. But after watching some other videos, I just dont see him here, thats really all im saying.

Now let me make myself clear. Im not knocking this guy one bit. I just dont really see him as a fit here. If we are going to add another recruit, and lose someone else on scholly, than I would kind of expect to land a player at our weakest position. The 5 spot
Wanna see his whole list of offers? If it was only us and a bunch of MAC schools, that would be one thing, but he has offers from multiple big time schools, so clearly, the true talent evaluators, coaches, disagree. Here are his offers: Pitt, Rutgers, Iowa State, Villanova, Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, and us. Yes, his shot isn't the best, but he definitely has potential. Could be a nice pickup.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #20
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Wanna see his whole list of offers? If it was only us and a bunch of MAC schools, that would be one thing, but he has offers from multiple big time schools, so clearly, the true talent evaluators, coaches, disagree. Here are his offers: Pitt, Rutgers, Iowa State, Villanova, Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, and us. Yes, his shot isn't the best, but he definitely has potential. Could be a nice pickup.
well thats why i said a Mac school OR and then listed teams that offered him.. but okay?

Coming from someone who went to a mac school and watched mac basketball a lot, schools like rutgers, va tech, seton hall and houston are about equal to the likes of OU and Akron. So when I say mac school, to me that means a team with Mac talent. Rutgers may have been in the big east, but they arent a big east team. Va tech might be in the ACC, but they arent an ACC caliber team. get my drift?

All I was saying is I dont see a fit here. We are weak at the 5 and 1 positions..so if we are going to give a scholly right now to someone, meaning we are losing 2 players, because with lawrence we are already 1 over. So like i said, if we are going to add another player a center would help this team more than a point forward with a bad shot..but carry on
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote