Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 07-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #11
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Bull$hit timing is what I'd call it. What an absolute joke that the owner of this crap hole arena pays a few hundred bucks to have a local design firm slap together some pretty drawings of might US Bank "might" or "could" look like if only poor little Nederlander Group could come up with $200-300 million.

How convenient that the Hamilton County commissioner then makes a public plea for UC to rethink it's idea to renovate 5/3rd arena. I wonder if Hartmann would stand to get a little kickback from Nederlander should this all come together.

Hopefully UC doesn't give this idea more than a courtesy thought and continues to forge ahead with plans for 5/3rd.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #12
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Bull$hit timing is what I'd call it. What an absolute joke that the owner of this crap hole arena pays a few hundred bucks to have a local design firm slap together some pretty drawings of might US Bank "might" or "could" look like if only poor little Nederlander Group could come up with $200-300 million.

How convenient that the Hamilton County commissioner then makes a public plea for UC to rethink it's idea to renovate 5/3rd arena. I wonder if Hartmann would stand to get a little kickback from Nederlander should this all come together.

Hopefully UC doesn't give this idea more than a courtesy thought and continues to forge ahead with plans for 5/3rd.
Exactly. Last ditch effort to try and persuade UC. If the city and county needs this then it needs to pony up the money and give UC all kinds of tax breaks and incentives. That will never happen.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #13
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
I want nothing to do with US Bank Arena as it goes for UC. Those retailers and bars all benefit from UC games in Clifton. All the businesses in the Clifton area benefit. UC and those businesses need to take advantage of the walking traffic on Calhoun and McMillian. Special deals and breaks on parking would help. I have a parking pass so it's not of concern to me. But those walk ups need a place to go and park and hang out before and after games. What confuses me is how little those companies advertise during the UC basketball games and how little they seem to take advantage of all the people in the arena. For instance, I see no ads for the Brass Tap on Calhoun such as special deals during special times or advertising for certain draughts on tap or Adriadico's for special on pizza, hoagies or beers. Or even the Rally House on clothing or apparel. What gives?
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #14
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat8290 View Post
I want nothing to do with US Bank Arena as it goes for UC. Those retailers and bars all benefit from UC games in Clifton. All the businesses in the Clifton area benefit. UC and those businesses need to take advantage of the walking traffic on Calhoun and McMillian. Special deals and breaks on parking would help. I have a parking pass so it's not of concern to me. But those walk ups need a place to go and park and hang out before and after games. What confuses me is how little those companies advertise during the UC basketball games and how little they seem to take advantage of all the people in the arena. For instance, I see no ads for the Brass Tap on Calhoun such as special deals during special times or advertising for certain draughts on tap or Adriadico's for special on pizza, hoagies or beers. Or even the Rally House on clothing or apparel. What gives?
I agree. UC needs to play on campus and continue to grow the surrounding neighborhood. Make Clifton a destination even not on game days. I'd love to see some of the bars throw parties and happy hours for road games so fans can come down if they so choose and be in a UC environment to watch games.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #15
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Can someone change the name of the thread? "Arson" is driving me nuts haha.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:04 AM   #16
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point

some these pics do look pretty dam impressive makes u wonder if the bearcats are second guessing. hopefully they do it even if uc just renovates fifth third. im a fan of uc basketball and football on campus and i think thats best for our athletic program but i got admit these designs are very impressive hopefully it gets done regardless so we can start having ncaa tournament games and such
Old 09-21-2015, 06:30 AM   #17
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Why would we go downtown? So Kentucky can use the area 2-3x year too? No way.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #18
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Only real change there looks to be in the second level, not much change to the lower bowl. Not sure this accomplishes much. I definitely want to see the arena upgraded. The city needs that, but not sure this is an option I'd get behind.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #19
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post

some these pics do look pretty dam impressive makes u wonder if the bearcats are second guessing. hopefully they do it even if uc just renovates fifth third. im a fan of uc basketball and football on campus and i think thats best for our athletic program but i got admit these designs are very impressive hopefully it gets done regardless so we can start having ncaa tournament games and such
UC has already approved the renovations. I would venture to say they not only aren't second guessing but they are 100% committed to being on campus. The owners of US Bank still don't have money for these renovations and I can't imagine these plans ever come to fruition unless they get real creative with getting money. It won't come from taxpayers and it won't come from UC or Xavier. They already own the Cyclones and they aren't a big enough draw to justify that money. Arena football or minor league basketball has never flourished here either. The city absolutely needs an arena of this magnitude but the fact that it doesn't own the arena makes it hard to justify spending tax dollars on it. I wish the funds/space was there for UC to build a state of the art arena on campus that could hold enough people to draw NCAA tourney games and better concerts and such but it isn't.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:21 PM   #20
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
If it is that sparkly as the photo demonstrates then I will finally have a reason to wear my sunglasses indoors like a douchebag
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote