Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #21
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Well yeah that's all good and fine but Emelogu scored 11 points in a game once! 34% FG 29% 3FG and 53% FT may look bad. 4.5 points and 2.7 rebounds may look bad too. A higher TO% than anyone on UC but Brooks and Moore may also look bad. Same with a 41 eFG%. And a 42 TS%. But...wait, what were we talking about?
How do you sit across from someone at the conference table and make a case for this guy?

Look...Fellas... I think we might have missed something! I found a bench player...Who seems to have solidified a permanent spot on the bench with less than average play. I mean WAY less fellas!!

We could literally give this trophy to anyone in the conference because EVERYONE is at least as efficient or better. Let's call it 6th man award and then we can add in a player who actually performs well.

How does that sound fellas? (Funny looks from everyone at the table)...Hands slowly start to go up with confused faces...

Last edited by waterhead; 03-09-2017 at 01:46 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #22
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I will give Emelogu credit though, he did block 1 shot in conference play. So clearly his defense had a lot to do with it.
I heard it was an accident. He was waving at his mom in the stands and the ball got in the way.

Last edited by waterhead; 03-09-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #23
Stats&Info
Banned

Stats&Info is on a distinguished road
In conference play only:
Ben Emelgu 55.4 %Min 106.9 ORtg (25th) 2PT 11-32 (34.4%) 3PT 17-45 (37.8%, 14th)
Jarron Cumberland 48.1 %Min 114.1 ORtg (9th) 2PT 28-41 (68.3%, 1st) 3PT 21-58 (36.2%, 21st)

Not sure how these two split the award.
Stats&Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #24
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I heard it was an accident. He was waving at his mom in the stands and the ball got in the way.
Lol. Seems likely when you consider everything else.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #25
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Adjusted...I got Kyle 1st team...take off Adams. Clark on 2nd team take off Caupain. Evans should be on 2nd team...I just have to figure out who to take off.

Last edited by waterhead; 03-09-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #26
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Because:
  • AAC sucks
  • AAC officiating sucks
  • AAC advertising sucks
  • AAC awarding sucks
  • AAC scheduling sucks
  • AAC television negotiation sucks
  • AAC sucks

Get out ASAP is the only way to fix the BS

Agreed 100%
SMU & Bearcats should become independents in basketball and tell this conference to kiss our asses. We can start by playing each other 2 home/ 2 away. Right off the bat our RPI would be better than this crappy conference provides us.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
Agreed 100%
SMU & Bearcats should become independents in basketball and tell this conference to kiss our asses. We can start by playing each other 2 home/ 2 away. Right off the bat our RPI would be better than this crappy conference provides us.
Smh.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #28
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Smh.
I'm ok with that plan, they can move the tourney to the new and improved Bearcats arena as a token of goodwill as starters
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #29
smufan

smufan is on a distinguished road
Total BS that Cincy had no one on 1st team. As an SMU fan, I'm glad Gu split 6th man honors, but I was shocked. I'm pretty sure it was for his performance Feb 12 alone.

It would be nice if UCONN & Memphis would pull their weight in the conference. The first 3 tourney games were awful. I hope it's SMU vs. Cincy in the final, we both get decent seeds (we won't), and we both go deep in the dance.

Hope to see you on Sunday...
smufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #30
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smufan View Post
Total BS that Cincy had no one on 1st team. As an SMU fan, I'm glad Gu split 6th man honors, but I was shocked. I'm pretty sure it was for his performance Feb 12 alone.

It would be nice if UCONN & Memphis would pull their weight in the conference. The first 3 tourney games were awful. I hope it's SMU vs. Cincy in the final, we both get decent seeds (we won't), and we both go deep in the dance.

Hope to see you on Sunday...
Should be a good game.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-09-2017 at 10:19 PM.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote