Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #2741
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
You don't have to be set to draw a charge. You have to be in legal guarding position.

However, a large chunk of the charges on him have been bullshit as others noted. He will literally have half of his body past the defender and the defender isn't remotely close to being square to Jarron. Nothing more frustrating than watching clear contact with the side of the defender, NOT his chest, and getting called for a charge.

Definitely is due to his size and the force of the contact. "E.g defender got blasted, must be a charge."
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #2742
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
You don't have to be set to draw a charge. You have to be in legal guarding position.

However, a large chunk of the charges on him have been bullshit as others noted. He will literally have half of his body past the defender and the defender isn't remotely close to being square to Jarron. Nothing more frustrating than watching clear contact with the side of the defender, NOT his chest, and getting called for a charge.

Definitely is due to his size and the force of the contact. "E.g defender got blasted, must be a charge."
Yeah that first part is what I was talking about with Jenifer's defense. Player control foul...like going out of your way to run someone over, or pushing them off of a space that they are entitled to. Cumberland really doesn't do that. I think you and cincrulz worded it better than I did, but I think we're all on the same page.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #2743
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Thank goodness Coach Cronin didn't leave for UNLV. I can't even imagine. Best for everyone. He's earning a lifetime job with this team. This season is a dream. I just love our players. Gearing up for a UC game is such a treat.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #2744
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Thank goodness Coach Cronin didn't leave for UNLV. I can't even imagine. Best for everyone. He's earning a lifetime job with this team. This season is a dream. I just love our players. Gearing up for a UC game is such a treat.
Yea I feel the same.

Just hope we make a tourney run because some fans will judge our entire season off one elimination game.

How quickly a fan base can turn on you. It's annoying thing about sports
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #2745
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

https://youtu.be/uDbnCN3QREA

Season Highlight Video
Old 04-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #2746
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@ChadBrendel
ICYMI ‘BCJ Podcast 93 Troy Caupain and Josh Whyle Commitment’ on #SoundCloud #np https://t.co/6jwqmBCIR8