Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #11
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
If we have to limit playing time to just the "very good" players, we may be down to just 1 or 2 guys playing. We certainly ain't going 7 deep with "very good" players. Our supposed very best player can't shoot 40% from the field, and barely cracks 30% from three, nor play defense. On the other hand, one of the guys who we think is lower than dirt and should never see the floor, actually shoots 43% from the field, and 38% from three, and has an assist to turnover rate of better than 2:1.

But yeah, let's cut back to just the "very good" players and watch our best player's shooting percentage drop even more and watch him fall apart at crunch time some more because he's drained.

I hope we play good Thursday, but it's hard to see a victory in this one, especially if we cut down to 7 players!
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #12
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Keith Frazier is away from the team and his status for the game is unknown. He averages 12 points, shoots 36.6% from three and plays 29 minutes a game.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:06 PM   #13
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
LT do you recall the day Caupain pissed in your cheerios? Your personal non-stop assault on him is boring.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #14
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
LT do you recall the day Caupain pissed in your cheerios? Your personal non-stop assault on him is boring.
Facts are facts my man. I have no control over whether or not you accept them. Actually, your inability to accept them is boring as well.

Oh, by the way, the big knock on Jenifer.....I'm sure you will recall....was his turnovers. In case you haven't noticed, in the last 7 games, he has 8 assists to 1 turnover. His shooting has also turned back around again. He should not start ahead of Caupain, but he absolutely should give him more breathers than 6-7 minutes a game. The team is much better with a fresh Caupain, and Jenifer seems to be improving.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #15
cincrulz11
Epic Member

I think everybody would agree Jenifer had one of his best games vs Tulsa and everybody would love it if he could continue to play well.

I'm guessing if people had to choose the most consistent/best player for us this year it would probably still be Caupain. In a season of uninspiring play to this point as a team, he has probably played the closest to what was expected of him.

He has shot way too many 3's, 1 more shot from 3 than from inside the arc, and that isn't really his game. But that is why his overall FG% is low, it's not cause he's struggled inside the arc where he's at a career high 49.3%.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:47 PM   #16
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I think everybody would agree Jenifer had one of his best games vs Tulsa and everybody would love it if he could continue to play well.

I'm guessing if people had to choose the most consistent/best player for us this year it would probably still be Caupain. In a season of uninspiring play to this point as a team, he has probably played the closest to what was expected of him.

He has shot way too many 3's, 1 more shot from 3 than from inside the arc, and that isn't really his game. But that is why his overall FG% is low, it's not cause he's struggled inside the arc where he's at a career high 49.3%.
To your point, he has already shot 70 3's this year in 15 games compared to 76 all last year when he shot a VERY high %. He'll do better than 30% the rest of the year but will not approach last year's numbers from 3%
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:06 PM   #17
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Do people even read posts before they respond with their own agendas?? No where did anyone say that UC should only play a 7 person rotation. The first post in this thread mentioned that our potential advantage over SMU was that THEY play a 7 man rotation. I also heard a few on here make mention of that when we played Iowa State. My response was that playing a 7 or 8 man rotation isn't a bad thing and that most good teams play a smaller rotation. SMU plays 7 because they have 7 really good players and they don't want to spend minutes on guys who aren't as good.

Last edited by UCBearcats; 01-04-2016 at 01:18 PM.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #18
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
To your point, he has already shot 70 3's this year in 15 games compared to 76 all last year when he shot a VERY high %. He'll do better than 30% the rest of the year but will not approach last year's numbers from 3%
And I don't think he's looking to take a tons of 3's. A lot of them are late in the clock when the offense doesn't have much going on. He should only be taking them when they are catch and shoot. Nothing off the bounce.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #19
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
UC 66
SMU 65
LOL!!! What I like about you jake is your such a Homer. By the way I hope your right!!!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #20
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Do people even read posts before they respond with their own agendas??
There are some that ONLY respond because of their personal agenda. It doesn't matter what anybody else says.