Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #21
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Facts are facts my man. I have no control over whether or not you accept them. Actually, your inability to accept them is boring as well.

Oh, by the way, the big knock on Jenifer.....I'm sure you will recall....was his turnovers. In case you haven't noticed, in the last 7 games, he has 8 assists to 1 turnover. His shooting has also turned back around again. He should not start ahead of Caupain, but he absolutely should give him more breathers than 6-7 minutes a game. The team is much better with a fresh Caupain, and Jenifer seems to be improving.
So if Troy isn't taking all these shots then that means someone else is going to be taking them. I understand you want Troy to be more of a PG and look to pass first but who is he going to be passing to that's going to consistently knock down shots?? Outside of Cobb there isn't a single player on this team who needs to be taking more shots than Troy.

The problem with Troy is that he's not aggressive enough. He needs to be taking the ball to the rim and getting to the foul line a lot more often instead of settling for outside shots. I'm not sure how you fix that but it's certainly not by limiting his minutes. The difference in our team with Troy in the game and with him out of the game is night and day, he needs to be in there as much as possible.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:17 PM   #22
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
There are some that ONLY respond because of their personal agenda. It doesn't matter what anybody else says.
Don't be so hard on yourself.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #23
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
LT do you recall the day Caupain pissed in your cheerios? Your personal non-stop assault on him is boring.
Approx. 8 years after Cronin did.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #24
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
If we have to limit playing time to just the "very good" players, we may be down to just 1 or 2 guys playing. We certainly ain't going 7 deep with "very good" players. Our supposed very best player can't shoot 40% from the field, and barely cracks 30% from three, nor play defense. On the other hand, one of the guys who we think is lower than dirt and should never see the floor, actually shoots 43% from the field, and 38% from three, and has an assist to turnover rate of better than 2:1.

But yeah, let's cut back to just the "very good" players and watch our best player's shooting percentage drop even more and watch him fall apart at crunch time some more because he's drained.

I hope we play good Thursday, but it's hard to see a victory in this one, especially if we cut down to 7 players!
Oh Please L-T take The Bulldog and go to the BOT and have Mick relieved so you and The Bulldog can save our Program.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #25
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
So if Troy isn't taking all these shots then that means someone else is going to be taking them. I understand you want Troy to be more of a PG and look to pass first but who is he going to be passing to that's going to consistently knock down shots?? Outside of Cobb there isn't a single player on this team who needs to be taking more shots than Troy.

The problem with Troy is that he's not aggressive enough. He needs to be taking the ball to the rim and getting to the foul line a lot more often instead of settling for outside shots. I'm not sure how you fix that but it's certainly not by limiting his minutes. The difference in our team with Troy in the game and with him out of the game is night and day, he needs to be in there as much as possible.
I don't disagree. I mis-read what you were saying. Sorry for that! I know I'm pretty much alone in wishing that we go back to the 10 man rotation, but that's the way I feel. I was on the Jenifer bandwagon, off the Jenifer bandwagon, now getting back on. Troy is our best, no question, but he is far from a finished product. He still has a lot to improve on. Playing Jenifer may not mean Troy to the bench. Taking him off the ball can give him a breather as well. My main reason for going 10 deep is to just maximize our defensive effort and keep pushing the ball on offense, without tiring out our key players. Troy has made "out-of character" mistakes late in some of these losses and fatigue could be a factor.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #26
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post

I'd be ok with Evans taking more than TC.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #27
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Many things drive who takes shots. Especially with a shot clock. Players are forced at times to take 3 pointers because the other team has guarded well. I have mentioned this before.

The issue with this team is not offense. it is defense. We are scoring more points now then ever. If we guard we will win a bunch of games with our offense.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #28
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I think ideally Caupain needs a break for 5 or so minutes in the 1st half and 3-4 in the 2nd half.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:36 PM   #29
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think ideally Caupain needs a break for 5 or so minutes in the 1st half and 3-4 in the 2nd half.
Like your thoughts on this. Maybe even a few extra in the first half. Should not have to play more than 30 a game.
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #30
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I don't disagree. I mis-read what you were saying. Sorry for that! I know I'm pretty much alone in wishing that we go back to the 10 man rotation, but that's the way I feel. I was on the Jenifer bandwagon, off the Jenifer bandwagon, now getting back on. Troy is our best, no question, but he is far from a finished product. He still has a lot to improve on. Playing Jenifer may not mean Troy to the bench. Taking him off the ball can give him a breather as well. My main reason for going 10 deep is to just maximize our defensive effort and keep pushing the ball on offense, without tiring out our key players. Troy has made "out-of character" mistakes late in some of these losses and fatigue could be a factor.
I'm sure our coach has weighed the risk of playing TC to much versus the risk of playing him less. I also think you are overstating his lack of effectiveness at the ends of games. there are 4 others out there who have roles. They can not stand around waiting for him to win the game. Even if he is the best player. TC is not SK.