Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2016, 02:19 PM   #11
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
You realize though that players can make huge strides there senior year. The best player in the country, did not have a season even close to this one last year
Yeah. I agree that if Kevin Johnson turns into Buddy Hield, we'll be in good shape.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I mean we could potentially have all our bigs with the ability rebound, shot Block and hit long jumpers.

A driver like Cumberland is gonna be huge as well.

I just hope Jenifer doesn't transfer out
Jennifer won't transfer. From what I hear he loves it here and he even posted a photo on Instagram the other day of him in a Bearcats uniform and state that he loves the player he is becoming. I think he has a good head on his shoulder where he know his time will come but right now he needs to make the best out of his situation.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #13
FTBearcats

FTBearcats is on a distinguished road
Coming into this season i thought this was going to be a great year and have never been more disappointed in all my Bearcat fan years. So from here on out i will never think great things about this program as long as the coaching stays the way it is. While i think there are good pieces in place for next year i dont think we have the teachers to get things done. Something has to change, im not necessarily calling for micks head but shake things up bring in Kenyon. He would do great things for recruiting, motivate players and bring that NBA knowledge to a mediocre program. He has already said that he wants to coach, so what are we waiting for. I would never come to cincinnati if i was a high profile recruit. The style of basketball is slow, boring, hard to watch etc. I will continue to watch this program and especially support the players but unless things change i will never get excited for this program again.
FTBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #14
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Don't underestimate Tre Scott, saw 3 complete games of his. He has range on his shot -can really run -physical (played WR on his football team) .
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #15
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Unless we get someone who can consistently knock down some shots on the wing opposing coaches will never let Gary beat us. Evans,Cobb,TC,KJ and Shaq can not and have not been a consistent presence from the arc. They make just enough to keep big games close but not win. If I'm Mick I'm looking for a knockdown lights out 3 point shooter and hope Evans improves his shot and TC finds his last years %.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #16
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I would hope a graduate transfer who plays the 2 will look at UC and think that he could easily start there. Starting 2 is graduating, KJ isn't a huge threat, and Mick tends to start the experienced player over a freshman.

Now, given all of that I am not sure of who would be available. Would definitely need to be someone who can just hit the 3 and play solid enough defense.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #17
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I would hope a graduate transfer who plays the 2 will look at UC and think that he could easily start there. Starting 2 is graduating, KJ isn't a huge threat, and Mick tends to start the experienced player over a freshman.

Now, given all of that I am not sure of who would be available. Would definitely need to be someone who can just hit the 3 and play solid enough defense.
We need another sf for next year. I hate the 5th year senior transfer rule. I don't think a senior would transfer here knowing he would play behind Evans, so maybe a juco sf this offseason. I would be shocked if kj wasn't playing 20 mpg next year.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #18
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I feel like Johnson/Cumberland/Evans/Scott should be able to hold down the 2/3. I'm more worried about our depth behind Clark and Washington.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #19
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Rumor is jalen Reynolds is interested in being a 5th year transfer for uc.

Jk jk jk

Would be funny if he transferred out to duke or something to further his visibility as a nba player

Being serious though, if we get a transfer, I want him to be a toughness guy... Because mick is right in that we are very much a team of nice guys.. Age mellowed Ellis and no one else is just a mean player like Justin jackson
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #20
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I feel like Johnson/Cumberland/Evans/Scott should be able to hold down the 2/3. I'm more worried about our depth behind Clark and Washington.
Scott will be a 4, I would be shocked if quadri doesn't transfer
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote