Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-28-2016, 04:17 PM   #21
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
I am 100% behind coach, of course I wasn't ready to can Badger. That being said I think Tubberville needs to go. One thing I know these 6 years in a row to make the NCAA's, Cronin has done it without cheating or bringing in athletes that have baggage. Huggins teams had twice the talent of any of any of Mick's teams but at what cost to the reputation of U C.
looking back is useless. The landscape of College athletics are changing rapidly. Reputation isn't killing us.

Look I'm not saying we can't compete or as a fan base we shouldn't want to. What I'm saying is teams that have huge budgets are going to rule the day. Just like large market teams in baseball it will become that way in college athletics. Heck to a certain extent it's already there. Can you have short unsustained runs, of course but theres a reason schools like TOSU and ALA are there every year in Football. Look at Louisvile. Through the years they have always a big rival. How did they leave us in the dust?
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:25 PM   #22
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
While its unpopular I'll say it again.Get us in a P5 conference. Anything else is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic. 14-16 teams in the sweet 16 were all P-5 members. The gap is only going to get wider. Can't believe more people aren't upset about the fact we have spent much money to renovate Nippert to get us in the P5 and we are still on the outside looking in with a Football product on the field that is going backwards.
Waite, do you think Cronin is a perfect coach? Even the big time Cronin guys admit that things are not perfect. So until we get into a different conference, you say don't change a thing? Just do the exact same thing we've been doing? We need to continue to evolve with the times. If Cronin is the same coach he was last year, or the year before, that's a problem. And that is not unique to Cronin, it is true for any coach. We will be in the AAC next year, so am I to understand that your take is "Roll the ball out there and do it all over again. No changes needed."? I'm not asking you to rip into the coach or program, but is there anything at all you would change about the way we operate, if you could?

As far as football, pathetic state right now. Unfortunately, no one cares enough, or is passionate enough to even take the time to have a take. That's sad.. At least the people talking basketball care, whether we agree or disagree on how things are going.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #23
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
looking back is useless. The landscape of College athletics are changing rapidly. Reputation isn't killing us.

Look I'm not saying we can't compete or as a fan base we shouldn't want to. What I'm saying is teams that have huge budgets are going to rule the day. Just like large market teams in baseball it will become that way in college athletics. Heck to a certain extent it's already there. Can you have short unsustained runs, of course but theres a reason schools like TOSU and ALA are there every year in Football. Look at Louisvile. Through the years they have always a big rival. How did they leave us in the dust?
Instead of looking at the giant landscape as a whole, let's narrow the focus to the AAC. Bc for better or worse, that's where we are. How do we dominate the AAC? Bc right now, we're not doing that. Prove we can rule the conference, then I'll join you in the P5 gripe. But you are putting the cart before the horse.

*Also, small market baseball teams win all the time .
Old 03-28-2016, 04:41 PM   #24
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Waite, do you think Cronin is a perfect coach? Even the big time Cronin guys admit that things are not perfect. So until we get into a different conference, you say don't change a thing? Just do the exact same thing we've been doing? We need to continue to evolve with the times. If Cronin is the same coach he was last year, or the year before, that's a problem. And that is not unique to Cronin, it is true for any coach. We will be in the AAC next year, so am I to understand that your take is "Roll the ball out there and do it all over again. No changes needed."? I'm not asking you to rip into the coach or program, but is there anything at all you would change about the way we operate, if you could?

As far as football, pathetic state right now. Unfortunately, no one cares enough, or is passionate enough to even take the time to have a take. That's sad.. At least the people talking basketball care, whether we agree or disagree on how things are going.
I think Cronin is a good Coach. You want to try and improve the product as it stands now have at it. I think we will be a very good team next year. how I would improve next year is get more athletic in our backcourt and bring in a grad transfer big. Have 3 scholly's to accomplish that.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #25
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Instead of looking at the giant landscape as a whole, let's narrow the focus to the AAC. Bc for better or worse, that's where we are. How do we dominate the AAC? Bc right now, we're not doing that. Prove we can rule the conference, then I'll join you in the P5 gripe. But you are putting the cart before the horse.

*Also, small market baseball teams win all the time .
oh how I wish gnat were true for our reds.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I think Cronin is a good Coach. You want to try and improve the product as it stands now have at it. I think we will be a very good team next year. how I would improve next year is get more athletic in our backcourt and bring in a grad transfer big. Have 3 scholly's to accomplish that.
I'm with you here.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
oh how I wish gnat were true for our reds.
They certainly had their window. Need to keep trying to restock before Votto gets too old. Surrounding him with .310 OBP guys isn't gonna work.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #28
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
They certainly had their window. Need to keep trying to restock before Votto gets too old. Surrounding him with .310 OBP guys isn't gonna work.
Yea a real key for me this season is if Hamilton can take a step forward. Would help the whole line up. This year will be crazy. Still think they will make a run at trading BP again and no way does Bruce finish the season with he reds.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #29
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So when we were in the Big East we couldn't expect championships because it was too hard and now that we're in the AAC we shouldn't expect to be good because the conference is too easy??

Wild stuff.......
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #30
bearcatbacker82

bearcatbacker82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
So when we were in the Big East we couldn't expect championships because it was too hard and now that we're in the AAC we shouldn't expect to be good because the conference is too easy??

Wild stuff.......
Perfect comment
bearcatbacker82 is offline   Reply With Quote