Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #11
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Rhode Island doesn't have much size, I'd imagine they can score the ball though. We'll need to keep up the pace on the offensive end. Mick's going to want to slow it down, Rhode Island is going to speed it up. My best guess is that we'll be seriously out coached and we won't be able to keep up on the offensive end.

Rhode Island - 67

UC - 61

Please prove me wrong Mick, I would love to spend my Sunday watching UC vs Duke!
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #12
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post

Please prove me wrong Mick, I would love to spend my Sunday watching UC vs Duke!
I hope your gloom and doom prediction is wrong more than I usually do...I already have my tickets for Sunday!
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #13
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Checked out the URI boards....yawn. but they seem to think their squad will have a hard time scoring against UC. A lot of talk about having to hit outside shots. Dreading one of those "record shooting games" that our opponents love to have.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #14
CHEER CINCY
Banned

CHEER CINCY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Checked out the URI boards....yawn. but they seem to think their squad will have a hard time scoring against UC. A lot of talk about having to hit outside shots. Dreading one of those "record shooting games" that our opponents love to have.
NewsFlash: Record shooting games against us dont happen by simple luck/chance. We just play alot of games against coaches who actually recruit great shooters. With that said, most of our games against solid opponents turn into a rock fight.

Im eating skyline by myself packing on the lbs. for the winter that lays ahead. Loving it and feeling FRESH, so I say

UC 63
RI 54

JJ plays his larger than ever hind end off (be honest, hes chubby), KJ sits the bench in favor of Cumberland, and the 3rd pours in 20+.
CHEER CINCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #15
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
We haven't seen an offensive team like them, they haven't seen a defensive team like us. Something has to give. I hope we can dominate the paint on both ends. Utilize our height and strength advantage inside with Gary and Kyle, as well as Troy, JE, and Cumberland attacking the hoop. I want to dukies bad. I'm going to go with...

Bearcats 67 Rams 63
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #16
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Time is in stand still waiting for this game.

We need to win. We basically had no good OOC wins last year besides VCU. We need to get a big win this early in the season come on!
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #17
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Excited yet nervous for this game. I would love to see us against Duke this Sunday and keep our early momentum going. Are Duke's 3 NBA players still injured?

I'm going to say UC 63 URI 60
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:27 PM   #18
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
Excited yet nervous for this game. I would love to see us against Duke this Sunday and keep our early momentum going. Are Duke's 3 NBA players still injured?

I'm going to say UC 63 URI 60
Duke has 3 players injured and are still blowing teams out by 30. URI beat Marist 107-65 while Duke beat them 94-49. Without 3 potential NBA picks.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #19
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I remember hoping for Brown and Albany bc they were better than the other teams involved. I'd imagine we'd pound Marist by 50 also.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #20
GoCats88
Banned

GoCats88 is on a distinguished road
We are obviously two completely different teams. Talks about us being able to score on them to win are funny, we are bigger longer more athletic, we will get our buckets. We are just gonna have to slow their shooting down, good thing is we are a great defensive team. This is really gonna open our eyes to how good our 3pt D is gonna be this year. They shot 50% from Behind the arc last game, if we can hole them in the low 30s or even preferably in the 20s should be a good win for the cats. I think D overpowers offensive and UC takes it, 71-64
GoCats88 is offline   Reply With Quote