Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by more than 25 7 20.59%
UC wins by 21-25 7 20.59%
UC wins by 16-20 13 38.24%
UC wins by 11-15 4 11.76%
UC wins by 10 or less 3 8.82%
Marshall wins 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #21
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
I see this either being a blowout UC win or a close win for Marshall. If UC can keep up the hot shooting it shouldn't be close. Gotta hope they don't go cold for long stretches like they are known to do. Marshall is way better than FD and can get extremely hot from 3 and get to the FT line a lot. They average 18 made FTs and 10 3pt pg while UC averages 12 made FTs and 6 3pt pg.

In the end I think UCs defense will hold marshall below their season averages and UC wins. Just hope they aren't looking ahead to the Temple game.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #22
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Working on those jumpers from 1 inch inside the 3 pt line!
I understand it's warm ups but I would just love to see a player making moves they might try in a game. I saw Brooks the other day working on post moves. Every time I see Quadri...he's lolly gagging shooting around the 3 point line. Every single time... right in front of the camera...same spot... every time.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #23
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I understand it's warm ups but I would just love to see a player making moves they might try in a game. I saw Brooks the other day working on post moves. Every time I see Quadri...he's lolly gagging shooting around the 3 point line. Every single time... right in front of the camera...same spot... every time.
Are you suggesting that Quadri wouldn't lollygag around and jack up 3's in a game?? Pretty sure that's all he does when he's in there. He's doing exactly what you want him to do during warmups, working on in-game scenarios.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #24
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Side note... I saw Brooks working on right and left handed hook shots in warm ups. He was significantly better at right hand...but he made a Left handed hook in the game. That's why you practice. Quadri shooting the same shot every time in practice isn't helping his game much. Standing jumpers from that one spot will be a rare occurrence.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #25
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Side note... I saw Brooks working on right and left handed hook shots in warm ups. He was significantly better at right hand...but he made a Left handed hook in the game. That's why you practice. Quadri shooting the same shot every time in practice isn't helping his game much. Standing jumpers from that one spot will be a rare occurrence.
I think you're reading too much into it. He just walked in the gym and is getting loose.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #26
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think you're reading too much into it. He just walked in the gym and is getting loose.
Have to agree with you Jake. Quadri was signaled out and given a start because he had some very good practice time recently. You can also look at his physique and tell he put in a bunch of solid work over the summer. While he certainly has not been as effective as I would like when he gets on the floor I really think it may be reaching to find fault with what shot he is working on in warm ups.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:13 PM   #27
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Have any of you watched all the pre game interviews? Hes always in the same spot right behind Cronin...on camera...on the right side of center 3 point line. Literally...every... single...time.

I don't even care why. It just happens. You don't walk into the gym to get loose and miraculously have this happen every single time. I see different players from time to time getting loose on different ends of the court... completely random...but not Quadri. Every time he's shooting 3s from just right of the center and it's always on camera.

I'm not even suggesting why it's happening...it's just happening and I find it peculiar. Not a big deal really...just odd.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #28
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Have any of you watched all the pre game interviews? Hes always in the same spot right behind Cronin...on camera...on the right side of center 3 point line. Literally...every... single...time.

I don't even care why. It just happens. You don't walk into the gym to get loose and miraculously have this happen every single time. I see different players from time to time getting loose on different ends of the court... completely random...but not Quadri. Every time he's shooting 3s from just right of the center and it's always on camera.

I'm not even suggesting why it's happening...it's just happening and I find it peculiar. Not a big deal really...just odd.
Routine.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Routine.
I would venture to guess the interview isn't always starting at the exact same time...which would explain why I have seen Scott, Broome, Brooks, koz, Cumberland at random points on the floor. Maybe Quadri is the only one with a routine?

Seriously, I don't even care why it's happening...lol! It just is. Interesting too...I have never seen one player from the starting 5 on pre game interview video.

Two things are for sure. Cronin will be saying stuff...and Quadri will always be shooting 3s in the background...lol!

Maybe Cronin sets it up that way?
Old 12-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #30
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Routine.
Great post! Athletes are definitely creatures of habits. Routines are huge in the life of a athletes.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote