Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
SMUPony

SMUPony is on a distinguished road
A Pissed Pony For You Guys

In a 2 team race, with two teams head and shoulders above the rest, how does SMU land 1 player on first team and Cincy none? Total bull$%#!. Both SMU and Cincy easily handled Houston and pretty much everyone else.

Think about it this way,: what does it say about Houston's team and coach if they have two of the best 5 players in the league, but can't beat either of the two top teams, including one with no players in the Top 5. Isn't that an indictment in itself?

This tells me that the lower rung teams did not want to load the first team with SMU or Cincy players and held out their vote. That's just absurd.

Hopefully we will get a chance at a tie-breaker with you guys in the conference tournament and I'm hopeful each of us will have a nice run in the NCAAs.

After all, the weight and credibility of this conference (this year) rests on the shoulders of our respective teams.
SMUPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUPony View Post
In a 2 team race, with two teams head and shoulders above the rest, how does SMU land 1 player on first team and Cincy none? Total bull$%#!. Both SMU and Cincy easily handled Houston and pretty much everyone else.

Think about it this way,: what does it say about Houston's team and coach if they have two of the best 5 players in the league, but can't beat either of the two top teams, including one with no players in the Top 5. Isn't that an indictment in itself?

This tells me that the lower rung teams did not want to load the first team with SMU or Cincy players and held out their vote. That's just absurd.

Hopefully we will get a chance at a tie-breaker with you guys in the conference tournament and I'm hopeful each of us will have a nice run in the NCAAs.

After all, the weight and credibility of this conference (this year) rests on the shoulders of our respective teams.
I don't know but someone said on here somewhere, none of our guys averaged over 25 mins a game. Not sure if that's true but it would explain why they didn't have the stats. And we are really balanced. Both these things don't help
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I like how there seems to be a mutual respect between us and SMU. Instead of fighting each other, it seems like both fan bases are more interested in hoping other teams can start getting on our level. Something about a rising tide lifting all boats or sometching.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I don't know but someone said on here somewhere, none of our guys averaged over 25 mins a game. Not sure if that's true but it would explain why they didn't have the stats. And we are really balanced. Both these things don't help
I think it was none of our guys in the top 25 of minutes played.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think it was none of our guys in the top 25 of minutes played.
Whatever it was, I knew it didn't help
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
In a 2 team race, with two teams head and shoulders above the rest, how does SMU land 1 player on first team and Cincy none?
Because:
  • AAC sucks
  • AAC officiating sucks
  • AAC advertising sucks
  • AAC awarding sucks
  • AAC scheduling sucks
  • AAC television negotiation sucks
  • AAC sucks

Get out ASAP is the only way to fix the BS
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:02 PM   #7
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Whatever it was, I knew it didn't help
Yeah, that was probably it...all of our starters averaged 25 minutes plus...Evans & Caupain over 30
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Because:
  • AAC sucks
  • AAC officiating sucks
  • AAC advertising sucks
  • AAC awarding sucks
  • AAC scheduling sucks
  • AAC sucks

Where is the "like" button.

I hope SMU and UC go far in the NCAA
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:45 PM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Good post and I agree. I really hope to see SMU in the finals. It would be a great game and could only help both teams. Anyone else in the finals and it is a no win situation for either one of us. Need to take care of business.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #10
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Because:
  • AAC sucks
  • AAC officiating sucks
  • AAC advertising sucks
  • AAC awarding sucks
  • AAC scheduling sucks
  • AAC sucks

How do you really feel about the AAC ? Hopefully we see SMU on Sunday.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote