Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #11
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think it was none of our guys in the top 25 of minutes played.
This was definitely what I was referring to. Washington would have been second highest scorer at the time had he played as many minutes as the other all conference first team guys.

Gray was the only one higher at the time. Someone needs to do a little homework and not just "mail it in".
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #12
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
This was definitely what I was referring to. Washington would have been second highest scorer at the time had he played as many minutes as the other all conference first team guys.

Gray was the only one higher at the time. Someone needs to do a little homework and not just "mail it in".
On the year Kyle averages 13.5 ppg in 25 minutes per game. That is .54 points per minute played. If he averaged 35 minutes like the highest minute guys in our conference...That would be 19 ppg.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #13
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
On the year Kyle averages 13.5 ppg in 25 minutes per game. That is .54 points per minute played. If he averaged 35 minutes like the highest minute guys in our conference...That would be 19 ppg.
Well yeah that's all good and fine but Emelogu scored 11 points in a game once! 34% FG 29% 3FG and 53% FT may look bad. 4.5 points and 2.7 rebounds may look bad too. A higher TO% than anyone on UC but Brooks and Moore may also look bad. Same with a 41 eFG%. And a 42 TS%. But...wait, what were we talking about?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Well yeah that's all good and fine but Emelogu scored 11 points in a game once! 34% FG 29% 3FG and 53% FT may look bad. 4.5 points and 2.7 rebounds may look bad too. A higher TO% than anyone on UC but Brooks and Moore may also look bad. Same with a 41 eFG%. And a 42 TS%. But...wait, what were we talking about?
Hey we all wish we had Jordan 2.0 in our team...But we missed out this time. You just can't argue with those stats... Impressive! In a less than average kind of way. But I'm sure his leadership qualities are top notch.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
35 minutes would rank 14th in our conference. Lawson, Dotson, ojeleye are all over that. Gray is at 33 minutes per game. Again Troy is highest on our team at 32. Most of the guys on first or second team all conference are very high in minutes (of course) except for our guys.

Washington would be 1st team at 35 minutes and Gary would have "snuck" on second team. Gary at 28.8 would probably add a couple points and rebounds at 35 minutes per game. Probably 12.5 points and 10.5 rebounds or more. This takes into consideration... ZERO defense!

Last edited by waterhead; 03-09-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #16
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Hey we all wish we had Jordan 2.0 in our team...But we missed out this time. You just can't argue with those stats... Impressive! In a less than average kind of way. But I'm sure his leadership qualities are top notch.
Lol he's scored 3 or less in 7 of their last 9 games. Saving his best ball for March!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #17
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
35 minutes would rank 14th in our conference. Lawson, Dotson, ojeleye are all over that. Gray is at 33 minutes per game. Again Troy is highest on our team at 32. Most of the guys on first or second team all conference are very high in minutes (of course) except for our guys.

Washington would be 1st team at 35 minutes and Gary and would have "snuck" on second team. Gary at 28.8 would probably add a couple points and rebounds at 35 minutes per game. Probably 12.5 points and 10 rebounds or more.
This stuff is going to drive me insane, if it hasn't already. I'm gonna side with Waite and just enjoy watching us win the Tournament.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:28 PM   #18
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Lol he's scored 3 or less in 7 of their last 9 games. Saving his best ball for March!!!!
Wtf... Scratch my f-ing head...Is going on here? How did this happen??

I'm serious...How?
Old 03-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #19
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Wtf... Scratch my f-ing head...Is going on here? How did this happen??

I'm serious...How?
His last 8 games (roughly half the conference slate) he's scored 1 more point than Cumberland did vs S Fla.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #20
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I will give Emelogu credit though, he did block 1 shot in conference play. So clearly his defense had a lot to do with it.