ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #3
Binturong

Binturong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
I'll be honest, I stopped reading after, "Is it fair..."
Troll so hard...

I don't see a problem with someone standing up for themselves especially if they have a point. I think it looks bad no matter what sport it is and what gender is involved when you play in a facility that doesn't fit the environment they want/or are used to. That has to be tough on the kids playing for them mentally.
Binturong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #4
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
How many womens teams dont play in the same arena as their mens teams? This is a dumb article. If people cared, they would go to the games, yet we dont.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binturong View Post
I don't see a problem with someone standing up for themselves especially if they have a point. I think it looks bad no matter what sport it is and what gender is involved when you play in a facility that doesn't fit the environment they want/or are used to. That has to be tough on the kids playing for them mentally.
I really don't think they have a good point... but that's just my opinion.

And not everyone gets to pick the environment they want... I'm sure we'd all love to work in a better environment but my "want" doesn't correlate with reality.
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #6
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I honestly believe demand should actually play into the size of the arena more than gender.

850 people per game.....wow.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #7
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binturong View Post
Troll so hard...

They would have a point if UC made them play at a high school arena on a permanent basis, but this is for one year while the stadium they plan in will be upgraded.

As far as being tough on the kids playing in the environment, I think a player would enjoy playing in an arena with a packed house as opposed to an empty 13,000 seat stadium.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #8
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
LO mother F'ing L. What a ridiculous time we live in when a story like this even becomes an issue.

Of course it makes sense for these games to be played at St. Ursula considering there's really no other options. In 2018 they can come back to a brand new state of the art arena and play in front of empty seats till their little hearts desire.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I personally have no problem with this at least being brought up. They have to be realistic about the crowds they draw though, and the fact that it's 1 season. I do think UC needs to do everything they can to make it a legit D1 game experience, and I think this whole thing being brought up is a way to go about ensuring that. And to be fair, the Men's team would expect the same thing had we felt like they were getting a bad deal.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #10
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
There are a lot of big time programs who have their women's team play in different buildings than the mens. The women's team costs the university thousands upon thousands of dollars, they should just be grateful they get to go to college for free and travel the country.

This is the bigger story and why that article is such a nonstory.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/04/20/womens-college-basketball-loses-14-million-a-year-says-mark-emmert/

Last edited by Alum2013; 04-05-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote