Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #21
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
What people in this town better come to grips with is unless you were born and raised here Cincinnati isn't a destination of choice. Those of us who are born and raised here love the town but if not chances are you'll look to parlay your success to another location.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #22
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Whit did wonders for UC while he was here. Started renovation of Nippert, hired Tommy T, a big name coach to get donors on board. Whit was a big thinker. Ono needs to hire another big thinker with contacts from the P5 conferences.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #23
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Good for Babcock, he was good in the brief stay he was here for, I agree with Jack it is a business decision very understandable. I'm really only a UC Basketball Fan, so as long as the AD Realizes Basketball is UC's past time and it is our best sport that we are competitive in, I don't really care who the AD is.

Heard Mick talking in a interview saying "he found his dream job, he wants to help his players do the same thing". The only way MC is leaving UC is by retirement in my eyes, he isn't going to be fired anytime soon and he definitely isn't going to coach for another university. I love having him as a coach and am very relieved I don't have to ever worry about UC's mens basketball coaching position.
mdchick, never say never. As a long time sports fan you could have never convinced me that Pete Rose would ever leave the reds or the town he grew up in. If he doesn't get the things he needs to win he will move on.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 PM   #24
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
What was that phrase Whit always used to say? "Now is the time to leave this place" or somethign like that...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #25
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
I think it shows that conference realignment has really come to a halt and he probably didn't see us moving out of the AAC any time soon. If he thought we were close to moving to the Big 12 or ACC, he probably would've stayed on board, even though V. Tech has a bigger budget. I hope the Nippert renovations continue, as it is our best shot at getting to a better conference. I know many on this site, including myself, would like to see more done with basketball. The problem is, if we want to take the next step, football is our best option. If we get into a better conference, then we would probably have more money for basketball.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #26
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I think it shows that conference realignment has really come to a halt and he probably didn't see us moving out of the AAC any time soon. If he thought we were close to moving to the Big 12 or ACC, he probably would've stayed on board, even though V. Tech has a bigger budget. I hope the Nippert renovations continue, as it is our best shot at getting to a better conference. I know many on this site, including myself, would like to see more done with basketball. The problem is, if we want to take the next step, football is our best option. If we get into a better conference, then we would probably have more money for basketball.
I think the opportunity to go home had much more to do with it.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #27
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Jack the opportunity to go home certainly is a possibility but remember he left there initially for a opportunity. The more likely explanation is he considers the opportunity at V tech to be a better situation then the one he is presently in. chances are its a combination of both home and opportunity.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #28
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Its always that and money. Its all about the C.R.E.A.M.

Last edited by UCalum08; 01-24-2014 at 06:41 PM.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #29
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
1pm press conference tomorrow with President Ono.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #30
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I feel like all this happened really quick. You would think he knew this was coming or something. Seemed very hush hush and then bam..your the new VT athletic director. Crazy
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote