Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-30-2015, 10:53 AM   #21
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
He's saying after Murray st he wouldn't mind another good mid major at home
Right. A power conference team would be better, but a solid mid-major would be an easier get this late in the game. I am all for playing @Murray State as well.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #22
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Right. A power conference team would be better, but a solid mid-major would be an easier get this late in the game. I am all for playing @Murray State as well.
i agree that a power conference team would be great, but Mick is showing he knows how to work the RPI system by scheduling (trying to) these types of games.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:29 AM   #23
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
He's saying after Murray st he wouldn't mind another good mid major at home
Thx, I missed that...However, I'd still think it should be at a minimum a home and home or a 2 for 1. I'm assuming if anything gets finalized that's what it will be.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #24
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Thx, I missed that...However, I'd still think it should be at a minimum a home and home or a 2 for 1. I'm assuming if anything gets finalized that's what it will be.
I think it will be a home and home and assuming that is true, I like the idea of playing Murray State on the road this upcoming season. We will be loaded and have a ton of experience. The year after we will lose Shaq, Ellis, DeBerry and Cobb. Should still be good with Troy and KJ as seniors, Clark a Junior, and the soon to be freshmen as sophomores, but definitely more experience next year.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #25
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I think it will be a home and home and assuming that is true, I like the idea of playing Murray State on the road this upcoming season. We will be loaded and have a ton of experience. The year after we will lose Shaq, Ellis, DeBerry and Cobb. Should still be good with Troy and KJ as seniors, Clark a Junior, and the soon to be freshmen as sophomores, but definitely more experience next year.
Agreed. Murray State returns most of their roster next year, but will lose some guys the year after -- similar to our situation. I think playing them on the road next year when they will almost certainly be a top-75 RPI team and we will be at full strength makes sense.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #26
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I would like to have a game against a power 5 team. I want this team to be sharpened next season.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #27
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a done deal according to Micks brother

"I sure hope ESPN agrees to televise this game, UC going to Murray St is everything the analysts cry cant happen, it is time to buck up ESPN"
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #28
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...nd-home-series

Cincinnati and Butler will begin a home-and-home series next season with the first game being played at Fifth Third Arena, sources told CBSSports.com on Wednesday. The second game in the series will be played at Hinkle Fieldhouse during the 2016-17 season.

Cincinnati finished 23-11 this past season and lost in the Round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament to Kentucky. The Bearcats return all five starters and a Top 100 recruit in 6-6 wing Jacob Evans.

Butler meanwhile, also finished 23-11 this past year and fell to Notre Dame in the Round of 32. The Bulldogs return two All-Big East players in Roosevelt Jones and Kellen Dunham while adding NC State transfer Tyler Lewis.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@JonRothstein
Xavier will host Cincinnati in the annual Crosstown Shootout on Saturday 12/12/15 at the Cintas Center, per the school.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:07 PM   #30
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@JonRothstein
Xavier will host Cincinnati in the annual Crosstown Shootout on Saturday 12/12/15 at the Cintas Center, per the school.
Back to the game before conference play rather than in the middle of it. Probably favors UC since they don't have any starters to replace.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote