Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #41
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
Love that we are actively trying to schedule good teams, next year could be a special one and I love playing quality opponents early.
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #42
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Great series to get, our non-conference slate is looking pretty tough. Hopefully the rest of the conference schedules tough and actually manages a few wins to help our conference RPI numbers.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #43
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
I saw rothstein say Stephen f Austin has 6 or 7 open ooc games next year. Solid team, good rpi team, think they have most of their guys back too. Wonder if the staff will reach out..if we could get them to come hear with no return game id take that
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #44
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
I saw rothstein say Stephen f Austin has 6 or 7 open ooc games next year. Solid team, good rpi team, think they have most of their guys back too. Wonder if the staff will reach out..if we could get them to come hear with no return game id take that
I would be fine with that. Even better, some of our conference brethren who regularly have SOS rankings in the 300's should inquire.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:06 PM   #45
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
per rothstein we added robert morris to our OOC next year. the date is 11/11/15 at 5/3.
Not a bad addition robert morris made the tourny as a 16 seed last year and lost to duke i believe. They return there top two scorers as well
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #46
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
per rothstein we added robert morris to our OOC next year. the date is 11/11/15 at 5/3.
Not a bad addition robert morris made the tourny as a 16 seed last year and lost to duke i believe. They return there top two scorers as well
Marcquise Reed transferred to Clemson. But they do still return plenty of talent. 3 of their top 5 scorers.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #47
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Robert Morris has a good chance to be a top 150 RPI team. These are the kind of home games we need to fill out our schedule with. Great addition.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #48
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I have been very happy with our scheduling since switching to the American. Mick knows how valuable those OOC RPI wins can be.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #49
kaplaw

kaplaw is on a distinguished road
If there's an upside to us playing in the AAC, I think it's getting more of these interesting OOC matchups. It seemed like in our final years in the BEAST we were purposefully scheduling a weak OOC schedule to compensate for a grueling conference schedule. I think I'd swap playing Pitt/SH/SJU for playing ISU/VCU/Butler.
kaplaw is offline   Reply With Quote