Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-24-2015, 12:27 AM   #31
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
I hope Shaq does but for every Jackson theres a kelvin gaines who every year was supposed to have all that athletic ability pay off,never happened. If Shaq does come in to next year much improved- great- if not we will have other options Jacobs, scott or possibly a spring addition.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:50 AM   #32
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
I would actually like to see him come off the bench and assuming DeBerry gets in way better shape and Clark develops his midrange game, start DeBerry instead of Shaq,
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:03 AM   #33
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
I would actually like to see him come off the bench and assuming DeBerry gets in way better shape and Clark develops his midrange game, start DeBerry instead of Shaq,
I would like to see Ellis and DeBerry on the floor together more, but starting both really zaps your depth
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #34
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierCat View Post
I would like to see Ellis and DeBerry on the floor together more, but starting both really zaps your depth
Moore, Clark, and juco big should help out
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:31 AM   #35
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
Shaquille Thomas 2014-2015 Highlights: https://youtu.be/FGsov8qXum0
KJ's#1Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #36
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
If Shaq plays like he did the last 8 games I will be fine with him. Overall both wing positions have to be more consistent.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #37
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Where will Shaq rank on the team in minutes and points? I'm thinking possibly 4th in minutes and 4th in points.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:17 AM   #38
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Where will Shaq rank on the team in minutes and points? I'm thinking possibly 4th in minutes and 4th in points.
That's a tough call. Is it going to be a new, consistent Shaq this year or same as years past? Evans has looked impressive in his 2 exhibition games so far and will earn some minutes off the bench. I think Ellis, Caupain and Cobb will average more PPG and Shaq will be 4th- 6th depending on how Clark adapts to this "new" style of offense Mick hopes to run and what KJ does off the bench. I would like to see a lineup with Shaq at the 4, Ellis, Caupain, Cobb and Evans at some point against smaller teams.
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:36 AM   #39
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I agree it's a tough call. Last year we had 6 players bunched up between 10 and 6.5 points. And the 2 at the bottom of that list have lead the exhibition season in points. Plus I think you can throw Evans into the mix of guys who can score in that range.

So far it looks like the guards/wings are going to benefit the most but I think things will change a little bit when we play real games. Top 5 scorers in exhibition were guards/wings. The top scoring BIG (Moore) got half his points from deep.

We will see if our shooting opens up the low blocks a little
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote