Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-23-2020, 10:17 AM   #61
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
in conference play everybody not named tre scott is shooting 76.9% from the FT line.

add in tre's 1-12 and its 70.4%

keith at 90%
diarra at 100%
jarron 83%
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #62
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Im not complaining about him one bit.

Just noting that when I post the synergy numbers, a lot of people start making up reasons why the numbers are wrong.

They aren't wrong. Just watch the film and you can see that a quick twitch athlete is all it takes to score on the post on him.

Im absolutely fine with it. But I do think at the end of games, we might need to play Diarra.
Maybe Diarra for strictly defense but Vogt opens up so much on offense it's hard to take him out. He got us in the bonus early, and in the second half they were doubling him when he didn't even have the ball. Allowing tre to score easily. Just hard to take him off the court.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #63
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Maybe Diarra for strictly defense but Vogt opens up so much on offense it's hard to take him out. He got us in the bonus early, and in the second half they were doubling him when he didn't even have the ball. Allowing tre to score easily. Just hard to take him off the court.

we did sub him out the last 4 minutes or so. did some offense for defense substitutions and then the last minute or so diarra was at the 5
Old 01-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #64
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Im not complaining about him one bit.

Just noting that when I post the synergy numbers, a lot of people start making up reasons why the numbers are wrong.

They aren't wrong. Just watch the film and you can see that a quick twitch athlete is all it takes to score on the post on him.

Im absolutely fine with it. But I do think at the end of games, we might need to play Diarra.
I love Diarra's progression. If he knows what he's doing, he can be a good player. We are started to see more Diarra and less Jay. Brannen is really starting to figure out the team.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:43 AM   #65
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
we did sub him out the last 4 minutes or so. did some offense for defense substitutions and then the last minute or so diarra was at the 5
Yes I liked the sub offense defense pattern at the end. It may have helped win us that game
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #66
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
How about Vogt from the line this year? 64%. Nearly doubling his performance last year. That is keeping us from a hack a Shaq scenario
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #67
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
How about Vogt from the line this year? 64%. Nearly doubling his performance last year. That is keeping us from a hack a Shaq scenario
and 8-9 last night which helped keep us in striking range.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #68
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Said it from start of season, I'll start diarra with vogt over scott. Diarra has some of best hands on team and scott has absolutely has the worst. Tre cant grab a lose ball to save his life. Until he learns grab loose balls he needs sit.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:37 AM   #69
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Said it from start of season, I'll start diarra with vogt over scott. Diarra has some of best hands on team and scott has absolutely has the worst. Tre cant grab a lose ball to save his life. Until he learns grab loose balls he needs sit.
Hard to play diarra when he didn’t know what he was doing. Which him and the coach admitted.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:09 PM   #70
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
But late in games, when Jarron is going to have the ball any way, It might be a good way to protect a lead defensively.

I want Vogt out there as much as possible, except in situations where it relies on good defense

Would be awesome if Diarra could start hitting 3's. He can shoot, just matter of doing it in games. If he does, it creates a lot of space for Keith and Jarron
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote