Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2019, 08:51 AM   #681
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,551
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Samari's Nebraska team struggled last night and lost by 19 to UC Riverside. He only played about 10 minutes with 1 assist. ( I know he's technically not a former bearcat) But I think some will be interested to see how his college career goes.
I was looking at his results in the exhibition. He was 4 of 5 for 12 points and went 3 of 4 from deep. 5 rebounds, 3 turnovers and 3 steals. No assists in 21 minutes. Other than assists and turnovers that's a pretty good start.

waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:15 AM   #682
itsamemario
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 34
itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I was looking at his results in the exhibition. He was 4 of 5 for 12 points and went 3 of 4 from deep. 5 rebounds, 3 turnovers and 3 steals. No assists in 21 minutes. Other than assists and turnovers that's a pretty good start.
yea, but that exhibition wasnt against such a powerhouse like UC Riverside
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:41 AM   #683
Queens_NYC
Elite Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 736
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quill made his debut for Buffalo last night playing 12 minutes off the bench in a 68-63 loss to Dartmouth. He had 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 fouls, and missed his only shot of the night to go scoreless.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #684
justinhub2003
Senior Moderator
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,614
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Letís not downplay samari Curtis, when our coach had a top 50 recruit that he brought in to the OSU game for just 2 minutes.

I thought we should have given Harvey more playing time if he is as good as we think.

People always said that mick never trusted his freshman but mick played Logan Johnson 10 minutes against OSU. This year MAW didnít come in at all, Harvey played 2 and Davenport 4... 6 combined from your freshman isnít exactly trusting them especially when one is rated around the same spot Jarron Cumberland was ranked.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #685
mdchick
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,189
mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Letís not downplay samari Curtis, when our coach had a top 50 recruit that he brought in to the OSU game for just 2 minutes.

I thought we should have given Harvey more playing time if he is as good as we think.

People always said that mick never trusted his freshman but mick played Logan Johnson 10 minutes against OSU. This year MAW didnít come in at all, Harvey played 2 and Davenport 4... 6 combined from your freshman isnít exactly trusting them especially when one is rated around the same spot Jarron Cumberland was ranked.
Heís a wing, we have 3 elite wings, how much time do you want him to get?
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #686
justinhub2003
Senior Moderator
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,614
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Heís a wing, we have 3 elite wings, how much time do you want him to get?
3 elite wings ?


Heís a top 50 recruit on a team who lacks proven depth. If he only plays 2 mins, I canít see how it helps develop him for next year season.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #687
Queens_NYC
Elite Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 736
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
3 elite wings ?


Heís a top 50 recruit on a team who lacks proven depth. If he only plays 2 mins, I canít see how it helps develop him for next year season.
Where was he ranked a top 50 recruit? On 247 he finished as #191.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:12 PM   #688
justinhub2003
Senior Moderator
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,614
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Where was he ranked a top 50 recruit? On 247 he finished as #191.
Are we talking about Harvey?

Iím referring to Harvey and he is like top 50 recruit
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #689
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,551
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
3 elite wings ?


Heís a top 50 recruit on a team who lacks proven depth. If he only plays 2 mins, I canít see how it helps develop him for next year season.
Itís one game...
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #690
mdchick
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,189
mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
3 elite wings ?


Heís a top 50 recruit on a team who lacks proven depth. If he only plays 2 mins, I canít see how it helps develop him for next year season.
Heís not better than jc kw and jaevin Iím not sure what you want, you clearly are just finding things to complain about that brannen does and find negatives, we lost to OSU by 8 2 years in a row one was at home one was away, I get your mad about mick leaving, but you have to give brannen a chance
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.