Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-23-2021, 02:11 PM   #121
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Mick whiffed on alot of recruits.. alot.

Relax.
We have no choice but too relax lol! What Mick missed on does not matter today, tomorrow, or forever at this point.

Just basing things off of the NKU staff recruits, is truly all we have to reflect on. John and staff went about it the best way they saw fit. It's almost like the type or style of player that fitted the Fans mold of a "Bearcat Player" was not recruited. No young emerging leaders, nothing, just guys that will fit the style of offense I am trying to run.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #122
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agreed. Sort of... Brannen definitely struggling to mix high iq basketball and a level of toughness... Which btw.. Mick struggled mixing the two as well. They just happened to be on polar opposite sides.

Micks philosophy got us to March... But you need basketball players to win in march.
And I wont ever argue that, Mick whiffed on many recruits, but Mick recruited what Cincinnati stood for, we weren't the most talented team but you were not going to out work us or out tough us, we were going to fight. So many times this year I saw this team quit. I don't think Brannen realized how much he would have to change moving from NKU to UC. He knew that team better than anyone else, you know who you can be harder on than others and who needs more love and attention than another guy. I just look back at all the guys we had in our own back yard that we didn't even recruit... CJ Fredericks at Iowa, Kyle Guy from Virginia, Miles McBride, Jaxson Hayes said we never even called him. I just think this team had zero leadership ( Jeramiah at the end) and that's why they were so self centered at times. We didn't have a guy like Gary or Kyle or Tre or Troy to be like look this is how we do things here, this is our culture we built.

Last edited by cincyalum2014; 03-23-2021 at 02:19 PM.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #123
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
And I wont ever argue that, Mick whiffed on many recruits, but Mick recruited what Cincinnati stood for, we weren't the most talented team but you were not going to out work us or out tough us, we were going to fight. So many times this year I saw this team quit. I don't think Brannen realized how much he would have to change moving from NKU to UC. He knew that team better than anyone else, you know who you can be harder on than others and who needs more love and attention than another guy. I just look back at all the guys we had in our own back yard that we didn't even recruit... CJ Fredericks at Iowa, Kyle Guy from Virginia, Miles McBride, Jaxson Hayes said we never even called him. I just think this team had zero leadership ( Jeramiah at the end) and that's why they were so self centered at times. We didn't have a guy like Gary or Kyle or Tre or Troy to be like look this is how we do things here, this is our culture we built.
Agreed. Be curious how this proceeds. The mass exodus only makes it tougher to recruit...

But I do think John is fairly smart and understands the need at this point. Whether he can bring that in will be seen.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:52 PM   #124
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

Quote:
Agreed. Be curious how this proceeds. The mass exodus only makes it tougher to recruit...

But I do think John is fairly smart and understands the need at this point. Whether he can bring that in will be seen.
Our biggest advantage right now is we can offer a lot of playing time. We still have David and we still have JD, two guys I will ride with on my team any day. In my opinion we need a tough athletic shot blocker who can run the floor. Brannen preaches he wants to play fast and I think Rap and Vogt were the exact opposite of what Brannen needed to run that offense. I don't think Bryson Spell is being brought in to bang down low he will be an inside out stretch 4 and I don't know anything about Viktor. I think Tari was a good 5 for us be he had no interest in the 5 role. Bless Chris Vogt's heart because I know he played his butt off but he was just not meant for this level of basketball. We need a guy like Yancy or Justin Jackson or Octavius Ellis, guys who will do the dirty work down low but can still run the floor.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:13 PM   #125
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Our biggest advantage right now is we can offer a lot of playing time. We still have David and we still have JD, two guys I will ride with on my team any day. In my opinion we need a tough athletic shot blocker who can run the floor. Brannen preaches he wants to play fast and I think Rap and Vogt were the exact opposite of what Brannen needed to run that offense. I don't think Bryson Spell is being brought in to bang down low he will be an inside out stretch 4 and I don't know anything about Viktor. I think Tari was a good 5 for us be he had no interest in the 5 role. Bless Chris Vogt's heart because I know he played his butt off but he was just not meant for this level of basketball. We need a guy like Yancy or Justin Jackson or Octavius Ellis, guys who will do the dirty work down low but can still run the floor.
John is well aware they need a big athletic big. He essentially said it as soon as the season ended to Tnel. I think he also likes a stretch 4 idea. Hence bryson.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:47 PM   #126
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

So as of right now here’s where we stand and these are players we have reached out to....

Transfers

David Collins 6-foot-4 CG USF Grad Transfer

Au'Diese Toney 6-foot-6 Wing Pitt SR

Dajuan Gordon 6-foot-4 Guard Kansas State Soph

Tre Williams 6-foot-7 PF/C Indiana St SOPH

Isiah Moore 6-foot-10 F St John’s

CJ Felder 6-foot-7 F Boston College

JUCO

Myron Gardner 6-foot-6 SF South Plains CC

High School/International

Josh Ojianwuna 6-foot-11 C NBA Global Academy

Adama Bal 6-foot-6 CG INSEP Paris
Old 03-23-2021, 08:39 PM   #127
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So as of right now here’s where we stand and these are players we have reached out to....

Transfers

David Collins 6-foot-4 CG USF Grad Transfer

Au'Diese Toney 6-foot-6 Wing Pitt SR

Dajuan Gordon 6-foot-4 Guard Kansas State Soph

Tre Williams 6-foot-7 PF/C Indiana St SOPH

Isiah Moore 6-foot-10 F St John’s

CJ Felder 6-foot-7 F Boston College

JUCO

Myron Gardner 6-foot-6 SF South Plains CC

High School/International

Josh Ojianwuna 6-foot-11 C NBA Global Academy

Adama Bal 6-foot-6 CG INSEP Paris
I'm sure Chad will love you copy/pasting from BearcatJournal
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:16 PM   #128
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Non issue. Legend broke the news to the world that Born Ready was a bearcat. Chad stole it and has yet to apologize.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:28 PM   #129
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

Quote:
You mean what’s on Twitter too? .. it was on an open forum that anyone can look at, to explain better, you don’t have to be a member to view.. I’m not a member of that bearcat journal stuff, I just read the forums that are open to anyone which this was on
Old 03-23-2021, 09:43 PM   #130
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Who gives a shit?
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote